Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???? For those with Ricor Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ???? For those with Ricor Suspension

I am ready to upgrade my suspension. How are the Intiminators working out? What about the rear shocks.?Any new installs? I checked the ricorshock.com site and the front inserts are $300 and the shocks are $630. Are there any discounts now for site members?

Last edited by U-234; 04-12-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 PM
ehc0720
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the intiminators and think they are really worth the money, no more brake dive or tacking grooves in the road. I have the progressive 440's and while better than stock I don't think they are worth the money. They are too harsh even on the softest setting when I ride solo, I'm 185 lbs, now when I'm loaded up for a trip the shocks are fine. Thinking about getting the Ricor rear shocks now.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 AM
yso191
Club Member

I just went through the suspension phase this Fall/Winter. By far the mod that made the biggest difference was the True-Track. After that it would be the Intiminators and the Ohlins Shocks with a tie, and lastly with very little if any improvement was the Superbrace fork brace.

To be fair, to the Intiminators and Ohlins, I would have to have put them on first, because they have each been reported to do much of the same work. So it could be that the main reason the True-Track made the biggest difference was because it went on first - who knows.

Steve

Old 04-13-2010, 07:12 AM
U-234
Road Warrior

Iinstalled True- Track last summer when the 200 was going on. Now I am ready to improve the Fat Boy front and help the rear. I check out the Hagon site. They have some shocks with damping adj. for $620.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I can say beyond doubt that Ohlins are an incredible experience. Someday, I should get a pair of Ricor shocks to test against the Ohlins(hopefully been waiting 2 months now) and will be able to give a comparison. Can't comment on intiminators, although it does seem the newness of them has worn off and I have been seeing a lot of additional mods going into the front ends to improve upon intiminator owners throughout the forums. I can't see how dropping them in can correct improper sag and spring rates for a riders weight. I don't think I have seen too many trying to continually improve racetech springs and emulators(they make their springs in many variations to match rider weight).

Old 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rounder
I can say beyond doubt that Ohlins are an incredible experience. Someday, I should get a pair of Ricor shocks to test against the Ohlins(hopefully been waiting 2 months now) and will be able to give a comparison.
Can't comment on intiminators, although it does seem the newness of them has worn off and I have been seeing a lot of additional mods going into the front ends to improve upon intiminator owners throughout the forums. I can't see how dropping them in can correct improper sag and spring rates for a riders weight. I don't think I have seen too many trying to continually improve racetech springs and emulators(they make their springs in many variations to match rider weight).
Rounder
Quite a comment after saying you "can't comment on Intiminators"
I don't believe we ever said Intiminators will correct improper sag or an incorrect spring rate. We have always said if you are happy/satisfied with your current springs there is no need to change them when you add the Intiminators. While some have changed their springs at the same time they installed the IAS valves, as they have their forks opened up for the install, the majority have not, and the ride reports both on this and other forums have remained very positive overall.
I will check with Brian and see where we are at on the proto-types we spoke about you testing for us and PM you as soon as I find out.
Hal

Old 04-13-2010, 01:23 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal@Ricor
Rounder
Quite a comment after saying you "can't comment on Intiminators"
I don't believe we ever said Intiminators will correct improper sag or an incorrect spring rate. We have always said if you are happy/satisfied with your current springs there is no need to change them when you add the Intiminators. While some have changed their springs at the same time they installed the IAS valves, as they have their forks opened up for the install, the majority have not, and the ride reports both on this and other forums have remained very positive overall.
I will check with Brian and see where we are at on the proto-types we spoke about you testing for us and PM you as soon as I find out.
Hal
Yeah I cannot comment on how well they work as I have not tried them. I don't think there is anything wrong with posting my observation that I have read many a thread on this forum and others where not only the intiminators were installed, but, new springs as well as other front end modifications. For someone looking to buy your product, I think it is only fair they know that. They may not have read the different discussions on your product that I have. They have a large majority of positive feedback and that is good. It may be that the intiminators are just what the OP and others need(heck maybe me too). So like I said, I cant comment on the performance of the intiminators, however, I can say that additional modification may be necessary from some posts and threads I have read. Also I never stated that you claim your product will correct improper sag or incorrect spring rate. Like I said, I cannot see how it will, thereby I feel that if the stock springs are of an improper rate and the sag is not correct for the rider.... he needs to also add new springs to the upgrade of the front end. That is all I'm trying to get across.

Last edited by rounder; 04-13-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

I have the ricor intiminators, a superbrace, progressive drop ins, true track and running amsoil 10w shock therapy. Here's what I can say, I don't think any one item necessarily makes or brakes the suspension, it's a combination of how things are affected by other components on the dyna frame. Me personally, I started with amsoil 10w, made a difference, then to progressive springs, made some difference, then ricor intiminators, big difference, then finished up with true track and superbrace, big difference again.
All these differences were effective for various parts of "the ride", some for potholes, crappy rodes, braking, nose diving, and others for cruising, turning, etc.
I am finally at peace with my front end now, and have actually realized how much my rear shocks could use some attention since the front is overhauled. I was this close to ordering the new Ricor rear shocks, I like the look and I have the confidence in their product to put em on my rear end, however, I feel the next big piece needing attention was my stock exhaust, can't afford to do exhaust and those ricor rear shocks currently, but that will finish my suspension when I add the ricors to the rear.
Just my .02c

Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
mnoyes
4th Gear

Cactusred -- Solid comment on the effects/impact of linked mods. you obviously been at this awhile.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:24 PM
U-234
Road Warrior

Thanks for the replies. Intiminators seem to be doing as advertised. Has Ricor started sending out production shocks yet? Any reports on them? Any Forum discounts offered?
Anyone have experience with Hagon shocks or shocks other than Ohlins? What about Progressive 418s as a lower cost but good shock?

Quick Reply: ???? For those with Ricor Suspension