Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???? For those with Ricor Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 08:06 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricor Shocks
Super busy today. Here is a link that discusses the differences.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ication-7.html

If you have more questions please let me know.

Brian
thanks, I get the differences. now when measuring fork oil with the suspension fully compressed and the spring out, do you install intiminator and then measure oil or measure oil then install the intiminator?

Old 04-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Link for detailed install

Originally Posted by rounder
thanks, I get the differences. now when measuring fork oil with the suspension fully compressed and the spring out, do you install intiminator and then measure oil or measure oil then install the intiminator?
Rounder
Mud did a detailed install with pictures. He did a lot of other work at the same time he had his front end apart (of course ). His link below will take you to 3 other links the third one shows how he measured his oil level before installing the IAS valve and springs. I realize others have done it differently in that they state they added oil after the IAS valve and springs are in place but think it would be darn difficult to get a good measurement that way.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...n-upgrade.html

XLXR John on the Sporty Forum also posted some install pictures and guidelines on his install a few months back that I am trying to find. One of his posts showed a very accurate method to set the correct oil level while the forks were attached.

You seem to have a good understanding of your suspension and the ability to get in and out of your forks quickly and you may want to remove a little fork oil for your ultimate tune.
Hopefully Mud's link will better address your question better than I personally could. Lots of install pictures on other forums also, but I suspect you may not care how the dual sport guys set theirs
Hal

BTW.. you almost up to the top on the build sheet.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser
Default Dyna Shocks avaliable for pre-order

It's amazing the way the buggy rides with all that motion going on in its suspension. But I only have two tires and would like to keep them in contact with the road surface as much of the time as possible.
Hal, are you sending out the production version of the Dyna shock yet? If not, estimated time? I may be calling you soon. I am ready for a better riding bike.
Harvey
Yes the Ricor Dyna shock is avaliable for pre-orde and we have already shipped some out. As they are avaliable in different tunes they are built to order and none of our shocks are a shelf item, assembled in advance, other than perhaps the one for KLR's as there has been a steady demand for them and when we run out we build a few at a time.
The Dyna tunes were completed earlier as we have our own 06 Anniversary addition to test with in the shop, that Brian rides daily.
It will take between 2 to 3 weeks from pre-order to shipping. Hope that helps and like anything we manufacture we gurantee your satisfaction.
Hal

Old 04-18-2010, 01:55 PM
maxrdr
5th Gear
Default Ricor Intiminator and Shocks on '03 Superglide

Gentlemen, I frequently enjoy reading your thoughts and comments on various concerns on Dynas; but I seldom respond. I have long been unimpressed with the suspension on my '03 Dyna and have followed the members comments on many suspension upgrades. The Ricor threads caught my attention since my other ride is a '92 R100GS which enjoys all sort of roads. Due to Ricor's success with off-road which is not all that different from the streets where I reside and the positive comments of early reports, I bought and installed both the Rico Intiminator and rear 'sport' shocks. I have installed the other leading brands of shocks on my GS but I have never been as pleased as the result of the upgrade to the Dyna. Biggest thing of notice is that the harsh jolts from rumble strips, tar snakes, potholes, etc are all but gone. The front end is more stable giving a more controlled feeling on uneven pavement and cornering at speed. The abrupt dive is gone on braking. All in all and after 400 miles, I consider it money well spent, as now the Dyna might get to go on some of the road trips the GS has been enjoying.

I am not a show and shine guy but an ole Ironbutt rider that believes a smooth ride contributes to more enjoyable miles. Ride safe Maxrdr

Old 04-18-2010, 02:59 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by maxrdr
Gentlemen, I frequently enjoy reading your thoughts and comments on various concerns on Dynas; but I seldom respond. I have long been unimpressed with the suspension on my '03 Dyna and have followed the members comments on many suspension upgrades. The Ricor threads caught my attention since my other ride is a '92 R100GS which enjoys all sort of roads. Due to Ricor's success with off-road which is not all that different from the streets where I reside and the positive comments of early reports, I bought and installed both the Rico Intiminator and rear 'sport' shocks. I have installed the other leading brands of shocks on my GS but I have never been as pleased as the result of the upgrade to the Dyna. Biggest thing of notice is that the harsh jolts from rumble strips, tar snakes, potholes, etc are all but gone. The front end is more stable giving a more controlled feeling on uneven pavement and cornering at speed. The abrupt dive is gone on braking. All in all and after 400 miles, I consider it money well spent, as now the Dyna might get to go on some of the road trips the GS has been enjoying.

I am not a show and shine guy but an ole Ironbutt rider that believes a smooth ride contributes to more enjoyable miles. Ride safe Maxrdr
Great post. Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:34 AM
davidnewtonparr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by U-234
I am ready to upgrade my suspension. How are the Intiminators working out? What about the rear shocks.?Any new installs? I checked the ricorshock.com site and the front inserts are $300 and the shocks are $630. Are there any discounts now for site members?
Forum discount on the intiminators including two quarts of fork oil brought it to $217.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:40 AM
davidnewtonparr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hal@Ricor
HTML Code:

Blackmopar
Way to many spring choices out there for us to make a recomendation for what you should use. Depends a lot on rider weight, wether you ride solo most of the time or two up. I do not know if the 07 has the same weak spring problem as the 09. Just that more riders who are concerned about improving there suspension complain about the 09 more from the postings I have read.
Our feeling has always been if you are happy with your current springs, (sag is correct, holds your bike up etc.) go with the Intiminators first. Springs alone will not really improve your ride that much. The IAS valve will act like a shock absorber in a sense and improve your front end performance, keep the tire on the road better and add some preload if you do not cut your spacers. You will see a lot more action in your front forks with the IAS valve in place that will minimize the "bump" transfer to the frame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehkI...eature=channel

Link will show a Sporty rider taking a hand held shot of his front forks while riding on a crummy road. May take a few views but you will see the forks working pretty hard compared to what is transfered to the frame or better said the seat you are sitting on
So, which is it? Cut the spacers or not. I was discussing the install with Brian and he said I should cut the spacers 3/4". I have an '09 FXDF and weigh about 220. I have also read a thread here that says the individual did not cut the spacers, since they didn't have a chop saw or means for cutting them straight... I'm in the same boat. I have a chop saw, but don't want to imagine what kind of money the blade for it would cost to cut the spacer. Could you please elaborate on this as a necessity or not? To be honest, it is the only part of the install that seems intimidating to me.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:16 AM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by davidnewtonparr
So, which is it? Cut the spacers or not. I was discussing the install with Brian and he said I should cut the spacers 3/4". I have an '09 FXDF and weigh about 220. I have also read a thread here that says the individual did not cut the spacers, since they didn't have a chop saw or means for cutting them straight... I'm in the same boat. I have a chop saw, but don't want to imagine what kind of money the blade for it would cost to cut the spacer. Could you please elaborate on this as a necessity or not? To be honest, it is the only part of the install that seems intimidating to me.
To cut or not to cut, yes that is the question. Well just depends man, yea I know that doesn't help ya out, but it really depends on you. There has been some great posts that go into farther detail than I could provide you on determining whether YOU should cut your spacers or not. The good folks at Ricor have given you a good ball park, but if you really really want to fine tune that calculation, you got to do some measurements, I believe one of em is called a sag test, you with and without rider and you come up with a formula to tell you how much you should trim, depends on your riding, weight, the bike, front end, suspension mods, etc, that's why you see the different responses from different folks.
I will alleviate one of your problems, though, if your worried about the cost of a new blade for a chop/miter saw for cutting metal, then buy your self some pvc pipe at home depot, the same size diameter, don't remember for sure, like 1.5 inch or something diameter, just measure it, and buy yourself two feet, cut it the same size as your stock metal spacer and then take a hair more or 3/4 inch and see how it feels, you won't ruin your chop saw blade on plastic pvc.
Check out the posts on correct sag and preload though, that'll get you in the right direction on how much if any to chop

Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I installed the Intiminators last weekend. I also put on chrome lower legs. Rode the bike to work (15 mile round trip on a two lane) every day. Handling is improved.
I cut the spacers the height of the Ricors. I didn't want to change too many things at once. Added 14 oz of the Amsoil in each leg which is more than factory. Notice I have a Fat Boy front. If needed I will adjust oil or preload as I put on more miles.
Still deciding what to do for the shocks.
Pic is how I put the caps back on the legs. Easy one person job.

Attached Thumbnails ???? For those with Ricor Suspension-100_1199.jpg