Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???? For those with Ricor Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:58 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...iminators.html

Hope that worked...if it did, this was my experience with the intiminators. Made a fair improovement as a package with the rest of my suspension upgrade!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Report

Originally Posted by U-234
Thanks for the replies. Intiminators seem to be doing as advertised. Has Ricor started sending out production shocks yet? Any reports on them? Any Forum discounts offered?
Anyone have experience with Hagon shocks or shocks other than Ohlins? What about Progressive 418s as a lower cost but good shock?

Good write up on Ricor suspension by Marc

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...view-long.html

Old 04-15-2010, 01:08 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

Hal, couple of questions:
the rk writeup states that the 07 springs are weaker than 09 - do you have any idea if thats the case for our Miglide fork as well?
im sure its posted somewhere, but what is optimum rider weight for stock 07 springs
and finally the real question to you from Ricor perspective:
For someone not happy at all with performance of a stock 07 midglide, would you suggest upgrading springs before intiminator, or vica versa?

hopefully this isnt derailing thread, I thought relevant and might be good info to have posted

Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser

HTML Code:
[quote=blackmopar;6570775]Hal, couple of questions:
the rk writeup states that the 07 springs are weaker than 09 - do you have any idea if thats the case for our Miglide fork as well?
im sure its posted somewhere, but what is optimum rider weight for stock 07 springs
and finally the real question to you from Ricor perspective:
For someone not happy at all with performance of a stock 07 midglide, would you suggest upgrading springs before intiminator, or vica versa?

hopefully this isnt derailing thread, I thought relevant and might be good info to have posted[/quote]
Blackmopar
Way to many spring choices out there for us to make a recomendation for what you should use. Depends a lot on rider weight, wether you ride solo most of the time or two up. I do not know if the 07 has the same weak spring problem as the 09. Just that more riders who are concerned about improving there suspension complain about the 09 more from the postings I have read.
Our feeling has always been if you are happy with your current springs, (sag is correct, holds your bike up etc.) go with the Intiminators first. Springs alone will not really improve your ride that much. The IAS valve will act like a shock absorber in a sense and improve your front end performance, keep the tire on the road better and add some preload if you do not cut your spacers. You will see a lot more action in your front forks with the IAS valve in place that will minimize the "bump" transfer to the frame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehkI...eature=channel

Link will show a Sporty rider taking a hand held shot of his front forks while riding on a crummy road. May take a few views but you will see the forks working pretty hard compared to what is transfered to the frame or better said the seat you are sitting on

Old 04-16-2010, 12:16 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have not researched this all that much, but, should one find themselves in wanting new springs, what does using new springs and the intiminators do over the racetech spring and emulators kit? The racetech kit does require more extensive modification is all I know.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:35 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

thanks for response Hal. From your response I get the Fork should be dialed in with spring rate, sag, etc (this could be stock, or upgrade) before adding the intiminator.

Like Rounder, I am also curious what comparison the intiminator to racetech would be.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Ricor Shocks
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by blackmopar
thanks for response Hal. From your response I get the Fork should be dialed in with spring rate, sag, etc (this could be stock, or upgrade) before adding the intiminator.

Like Rounder, I am also curious what comparison the intiminator to racetech would be.
Super busy today. Here is a link that discusses the differences.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ication-7.html

If you have more questions please let me know.

Brian

Old 04-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blackmopar

My son Brian just posted a good link on the comparison. In so far as springs are concerned once you have good or the best shocks (Intiminators act like a shock for the front forks with it's IAS valve and shim stacks and they are in a class all by themselves) so talking about shocks in general and trying to relate to a stock Harley fork that just has damper rods and springs.... no orfice regulated system like what Race Tech provides or an IAS/Sim stack like the Intiminator provides, both try to make the best of a technoghy that is really not a shock.
If your springs hold the bike up to the correct height and sag when you sit on it the springs are doing what they are designed to do.
Once a Race Tech or a Iniminator is installed it becomes more shock like and tracks the road inputs better than the damper rod.
Same as our experience in off road racing for the most part ( our coil over spring system for these did have a resivor and were also adjustable) we always say.. set your ride height with the springs, and let the shock handle the road input. Both RT and Ricor turn your front forks closer to being an actual shock.
My biased opinion of course but with a shim stack for chassic control and both a shim stack and a IAS vavle for wheel inputs, we think we do it better than any any orifice system out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4nVS6WBctY

Watch the tires compared to the roof of this Class 1 buggy and you will get a good idea of how an IAS equipped vehicle can perform. We started in racing and now very happy to be in motorcycles as these race type vechiles are really expensive. We made ours test truck so fast it kept tearing itself up. No we did not have a 250 plus K vehicle like this Pennall Diablo.. to test with ourselves that we could drive when we wanted... darn it!!
But we have a few bikes!!

Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 AM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Hagon 2810

Originally Posted by U-234
Thanks for the replies. Intiminators seem to be doing as advertised. Has Ricor started sending out production shocks yet? Any reports on them? Any Forum discounts offered?
Anyone have experience with Hagon shocks or shocks other than Ohlins? What about Progressive 418s as a lower cost but good shock?

I have the Hagon 2810(there mid range shock)I had them 10cm over stock height & correctly sprung for my wife & my weight,they don't charge extra for this,I just bolted them on as they where supplied.I'm not an expert with suspension,I only changed the stock shocks cause they didn't cope with 2 up.I can't compare them to any other shocks,but the difference solo or 2 up is big compared to standard.
The bike feels totaly different,no more bottoming,more sure footed,far better,smoother ride.
I paid £199 direct from Hagon.
Cheers,Graham.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:59 AM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

It's amazing the way the buggy rides with all that motion going on in its suspension. But I only have two tires and would like to keep them in contact with the road surface as much of the time as possible.
Hal, are you sending out the production version of the Dyna shock yet? If not, estimated time? I may be calling you soon. I am ready for a better riding bike.
Harvey

Quick Reply: ???? For those with Ricor Suspension