Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Dryer

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 02:24 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Cycle Dryer

I bought a cycle dryer about 2 years ago and until yesterday I was happy with it. It's been sitting on the shelf as I've only used it once this year. Yesterday I washed the bike because of the pollen. I went to blow the water off and BAM, the little turbine fan inside let go and exploded into about a hundred pieces. The rpms went through the roof. I tried to use it again after dumping all the little pieces in the trash...no joy. I've found a better replacement at www.carguygarage.com for $60.00 bucks plus shipping. It has a heater in it so it will dry the bike quicker with less wiping. It is a blaster sidekick. I know a lot of you use a leaf blower but my leaf blower blows dirty air as it is a 2cycle motor.
Does anybody have any experience with this web site or their products ? Or does anybody use this dryer and have comments about it's quality or how it works ?
Thanks

Old 04-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you made a good decision. I use the Metro Air Force Blaster and it is a quality product and does a great job. I've never used leaf blowers. I didn't buy from the same place as you, but Metro makes good dryers.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:02 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Default Dryer

Thanks Keith.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:22 PM
plumbertom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dryer is a close freeway and twist of the throttle.
I don't worry about water spots cause I have a good quality water conditioner.
Being a plumber has it's advantages.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Default Cycle Dryer

We aren't all so lucky or talented...

Old 04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a plumber but I have a great water conditioner as well. My gf convinced me to do it last year when we remodeled the kitchen. She complained about dry skin and everyone said the new dishwasher and fridge would last longer with it. Florida has very, very hard water full of all kinds of crap.

Gotta say, I love it and wish I'd done it years ago. Tubs and toilets don't get all that scum and staining and vehicles rinse off nearly spotless.

Back on topic, I've thought about cycle dryers. Still use my electric leaf blower and can't convince myself the smaller dryer would be that much more convenient.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Default Water

Our water isn't that bad and as a rule doesn't leave many water marks. I just can't justify a water softener for just washing my bike. The marks show up really bad on black and chrome so I have to do something.
Thanks Taddeoeg

Old 04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
plumbertom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Around this area even the coin wash has a soft water rinse you can use at the end of the wash.
But My bike has a minimum of chrome and I do give a good paste wax every now and then so at most a quick wipe with a soft cloth will stop any spotting.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:12 PM
grumpy56
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought the cheapest electric leaf blower from Home Depot ($30 or so as I recall) and have been very happy with it.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by grumpy56
Bought the cheapest electric leaf blower from Home Depot ($30 or so as I recall) and have been very happy with it.

+1 me also-

Quick Reply: Cycle Dryer