Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid frickin pipes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:47 PM
luv_my_harley
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't rev my bike high, I don't like it when they get so high my own ears hurt! However, I do want to be heard because I know I'm not seen. Since I got this bike I've been riding around with my stock pipes and when I'm alone I swear every other block I have someone pulling out in front of me or cutting me off...when I had my other bike with the pipes I never had that problem. I don't want loud obnoxious....well kinda, they aren't loud and obnoxious to me, but they are to some people. My husband loves them and he got me hooked on them. Have you ever heard them?

Old 04-12-2010, 10:55 PM
transam7969
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, you don't have to sell me on loud good sounding pipes. It just sounded like you wanted to intentionally annoy people lol
I have no doubt I annoy some people as I pass them and whatnot but ehh
Then again, almost everytime I ride I have 1 or more cagers giving me thumbs up and ****. Today had a car full of kids going apeshit and waving, so excited to see/hear the bike.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:02 PM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

My husband will drive past teenage girls walking and he'll rev his bike really high, the girls about jump out of their pants in fear. It is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I like short shots, I just don't want the same pipes my husband has and I love the shot gun style of the bassani's.

I don't intentionally annoy people, but I know when I had those pipes our neighbor used to come outside and yell are those f'in pipes loud enough! Some people hate, some love them. I don't care much about the haters!!! There is a lot of truth in loud pipes save lives!

Old 04-12-2010, 11:02 PM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

transam, I just realized we have the same bike! Where did you get your power commander from? fuelmoto?

Old 04-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Klor
6th Gear

Back when I purchased mine they had chrome and they were called "Hooker Step Tuned" they came with heat shields and mine are wide open, very throaty. On this link there called "Trouble Maker Darkside" Straight Cuts 2 types and are Metal Ceramic coated.

http://www.thefind.com/family/info-hooker-harley-pipes

Old 04-13-2010, 12:59 AM
transam7969
Road Master

Originally Posted by luv_my_harley
transam, I just realized we have the same bike! Where did you get your power commander from? fuelmoto?
..yup

Old 04-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Eagledax
6th Gear

They are not shorties but I run Thunderheader. IMO they sound better than the V&H. I have the same issue with the V&H in that I did not want something that everyone else that I ride with has. The only problem I had with my TH was they STINK when they are first curing. They are a long 2 into 1 that gives a lot of power and are loud and deep.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:54 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master

Originally Posted by luv_my_harley
My husband will drive past teenage girls walking and he'll rev his bike really high, the girls about jump out of their pants in fear. It is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.
Sounds hilarious.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:57 PM
06BlackWG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those Bubs Lakester shure sound nice. They look good too. Too many to chose from. luv my harley, see what you started.
I'm going to pull my mufflers for the Harley Run here in Bullhead City/Lauphlin on April 21-25 just to be obnoxious. After a while though the noise gets to be too much so the mufflers go back in.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Smitty79
Road Master

I love to get next to an urban assault vehicle while some lady is on the phone and rev my pipes and watch her get pissed!!! it's the little things in life that make it worth wild...

Quick Reply: Stupid frickin pipes!!!