Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid frickin pipes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

a/c= air cleaner . I know 2 people who are running Samson pipes , and they are have no problems .

Old 04-09-2010, 10:17 PM
DirtNap
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A/C =air cleaner,,,,LOoking at my pipes and yours ,,,,If your not burning your leg now i don't think you will with side cutters

Old 04-09-2010, 10:28 PM
luv_my_harley
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok that's good to know! This is all sssooo helpful!!!

Those bubs are my top choice, second choice is the rinehart cross back 2 into 2....both sound really good, I like the sidecutters because they are totally black! Guess if they burn my ham hocks then I can take em off and sell them....

I'm pretty sure deciding on pipes is the most difficult decision I have faced!

I don't have anything against V&H...except that everyone and their grandma has them. I don't want to be another number and be like everyone else, I would like to have something that not every other person riding their bike on main street has. Everyone I know that I ride with has V&H.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 PM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

Jayson, I have read a few posts on the forum about several people having problems with samson, things about the heat shields coming undone and small cracks in the pipes. Maybe it's just $hitty luck but I will choke someone if that happens to me!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 PM
DirtNap
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you need L>M>H i can take some pictures tomorrow of the air gap between my ham hock and the pipe ,,,,while playing air forward controls,,,just shoot me a P.M. ....

Old 04-09-2010, 11:56 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by luv_my_harley
....I'm pretty sure deciding on pipes is the most difficult decision I have faced!
Well then, haven't you led an anxiety filled life....

Dude you're over thinking this thing... find the pipes you like the shape of and sound of.... you can make anything black for god sake.

... and did V&H pee in your pool or something? They pretty much have the best fit and finish in the business.

Lastly, nobody is holding a gun to your head and yelling at you to "buy pipes now sucka!" .... take it easy... took me almost 7 months to find the pipes I wanted.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:06 AM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Lastly, nobody is holding a gun to your head and yelling at you to "buy pipes now sucka!"
Oh if only you knew!!! Mothers day is next month, I need to decide what I want in the next couple of weeks or the old man will kick my a$$.

Buying pipes is the hardest decision to make when it comes to a bike! For me at least....so many things could go wrong!!!!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:11 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i have samson's on my bob and have absolutely no issues whatsoever with their product.

i love the looks of the ripsaws that jayson posted, and i'm pretty sure the shorties are gonna be your loudest option.

something to consider, however.

you're just changing your pipes. you're not going to get the full sound potential from the pipes you put on without other upgrades.

i put my samsons on last fall before i upgraded my air cleaner, installed a power commander, and dyno tuned the bike.

it was loud, but lacked the ***** i was expecting it to have.

once i made my other upgrades, the bike sounds how i expected it, and wanted it, to sound. the note from my pipes deepened considerably, and got quite a bit louder, too.

so keep in mind that the sound you're chasing is going to come as a result of further modifications made to the bike's motor.

buy the pipes you like, and are comfortable with putting on your bike. the rest you can make work.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:14 AM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

Oh yes the upgrades! Harley's way of making rich people poor!!!!

I need to get the pipes before I can decide which air cleaner to get and how to set up the power commander. That's the easy part!

I'm thinking only some people have problems with samson, I really like their pipes, they are loud and have a really good sound...thanks for your input!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:15 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by luv_my_harley
Oh if only you knew!!! Mothers day is next month, I need to decide what I want in the next couple of weeks or the old man will kick my a$$.

Buying pipes is the hardest decision to make when it comes to a bike! For me at least....so many things could go wrong!!!!
My apologies... "Dudette"... lol... okay I understand a little better now.

I think black sideshots would look pretty nice on your ride.

Quick Reply: Stupid frickin pipes!!!