Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud exhaust: I guess it's just not my cup of tea

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:57 PM
jim425
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like the really loud ones either although stock is too quiet. I also don't ride with ear plugs. I went with Screamin Eagle II DOT ones. They are much louder than stock, but quiet enough. Oh, I got them as takeoff's on ebay for $75.

I'm sure you can find someone who wants to trade.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:19 PM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cmace
yeah, I had the V&H Short Shots Staggered and I agree with you, those really loud pipes aren't for me. I bought me the Rinehart 2:1 and deeper but not as loud!! Good luck with the sale.
I just went from V&H slip ons to the Rinhart 2-1. I'm really glad I did. It's still loud enough to let em know you're coming, and it rocks when you get on it, but it doesn't beat you ***. I think the only reason it seems a lot quieter is because the collector is further behind you than the slip ons were.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:27 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One I hit 45 or 50 mph, I can not seem to hear anything but wind, less I turn my head checking before a lane change.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:37 PM
FATKEVIN
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put on the Rush 2" slip on's and it is loud enough when you jump on it but when cruising has a nice deep rumble. I think the full pipes would have been too loud.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:51 PM
lightweight bob
Road Master
Received 151 Likes on 101 Posts
Default SE II Slip Ons

Originally Posted by jim425
I don't like the really loud ones either although stock is too quiet. I also don't ride with ear plugs. I went with Screamin Eagle II DOT ones. They are much louder than stock, but quiet enough. Oh, I got them as takeoff's on ebay for $75.

I'm sure you can find someone who wants to trade.
A lot of folks are going with these because they're DOT. Every city that needs revenue
these days is looking towards traffic tickets and the "upscale" places like Laguna Beach
are writing folks for "illegal modification" - not just noise - if there's no DOT on the muffler.
A friend just bought a new bagger with them and after following him for a day, I was very
surprised at how much I liked them - mellow but not that quiet.IMHO.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are the ones I would like to have. Hopefully I can find someone that wants to trade for a nice full system.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
bqualls
Tourer
Default Loud exhaust: I guess it's not my cup of tea

I can't handle loud pipes either - hearing issues. I wear ear plugs when I ride, not only because of the bike, but also because of the wind noise. I have the SE 49-State Slip-On Mufflers. They aren't much louder than stock, but they have a lower bass and sound better than the stock pipes.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:00 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Can anyone with those SE mufflers give me the part number? Do they also fit an 05 Dyna as well as the newer bikes?

Old 04-07-2010, 06:23 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 380 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
Can anyone with those SE mufflers give me the part number? Do they also fit an 05 Dyna as well as the newer bikes?
I have the DOT ones on my 06 and I like them. I just checked the Harley website for a part number and it looks like they don't make them any more. I'm on a business trip right now but if you pm me I will get the part number off the box when I get home Friday. Maybe you can find a dealer with some still in stock

Old 04-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with you. My Electra Glide is bone stock and it really makes trips much more enjoyable. I did put SE IIs (the early, off road only ones) on the Dyna. They're actually a little louder than I was looking for. I like the sound of my gf's 2000 Lowrider with stock pipes - deeper and more rumble than the later model EPA quiet stockers.

If I were looking, that's what I'd go for - new, take offs from a pre-05 dyna. Her pn is 65747-90a which includes clamps and hardware but I'll bet anyone ebaying them would use that number.

Quick Reply: Loud exhaust: I guess it's just not my cup of tea