Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which exhaust for my 2010 Wide Glide
V&H Shortshots
29.17%
Python 2-1
6.25%
Bassani pro street or street sweepers
25.00%
Other (please explain in reply post)
39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust poll for my Wide Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Exhaust poll for my Wide Glide?

Ok, heres the deal, as some know my 2010 Wide Glide was damaged 2 weeks back when a guy had a diabetic seizure driving through the parking lot at work and knocked it into a road king. Now, the exhuast has to be replaced. I have the insurance check in hand, and im in a dilemna. What exhaust? Its either the Shortshots, (cause i can get them cheap for 300 and they are loud). Python 2-1, or bassani pro streets or street sweepers. I like all of these. And can get them all under 500. which is my goal. I just cant decide what look and feel i want. taking ideas might help i hope.

Last edited by Warrior Redleg; 04-06-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:30 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a real fan of any of those pipes, but if I had to choose it would be the Bassani's.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:19 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

OTHER

Reason being everyone and their brother runs the pipes you polled, I like to be outside of the norm. I would go with a BUB 7 (very Expensive), if I wanted a 2 into 1.
BUB Sidecutters ($495.00 in black) for a 2 into 2 or the Cobra Speedster shorts (but they are not under $500.00)

Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM
DocJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the V&H ShortShots. They look good, sound great, and most importantly, YOU like them. I can't say I am a big fan of the others you mentioned. Especially the Pythons. If you were going to look outside of V&H, I like Rineharts.

I would also suggest you looking at more of the "custom" market for other ideas. That is, if you want to go more outside the norm. Most of those pipes will cost you more than $500, though.

I don't know if you are wanting to go with black or chrome. Regardless, I would also urge you to look at the other V&H offerings as well. For instance, I think the SideShots would look great on your bike. Maybe even a 2 into 1? I can't say, but with a 2010 WideGlide...I think black pipes would look best. Just my opinion.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Appreciate the feedback. As for black or chrome, i will settle that part now. They will be chrome. My wife has the denim black street bob, and we are blacking it all out. Mine gets the chrome! Me lika da chrome! i have looked at other exhuasts. a lot! I like the short shots, look and sound, but leary on the performance. And as for the side shots, i am looking at those pretty hard right now, but is it worth 200 more than the short shots? My wife has python slip-ons on her bike, and those sound awesome, thats why i was considering their 2-1's. Bassanis are just good exhaust all around. I was looking at rinehart 2-1s but lost the bid on ebay, and not a big fan of their 2-2 crossovers. As for other V&H products, i love the look of their 2-1 but not pleased with the sound. Right now i can get the shortshots shipped for 299. Thats not bad. Leaves me a lot of extra money for other mods! But, would i be happy enough with them to keep them on a couple of years? questions questions

Old 04-06-2010, 01:46 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I say the bassanis!

Old 04-06-2010, 02:06 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm real happy with my Vance & Hines Pro Pipe on my FXDF.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:08 PM
DocJ
Road Master

I have to agree...I like the look of some of the 2 into 1 pipes, but not that pleased with the sound. I just prefer the 2 into 2!

The SideShots are amazing! I can't really say how they stack up to the ShortShots, as I have not been able to compare them side by side. I personally think that both of them sound great. And...for even more money, there are the big radius pipes. Those sound pretty good, too. But, for your bike, I think either of the others would actually LOOK better.

I think at this point you need to decide whether you want looks and sound, or performance. 2 into 1 will get you best performance, while 2 into 2 will get you better looks and sound. For me, you are never going to have the fastest, or most powerful bike. So, you might as well enjoy it...go with 2 into 2. There is no point in getting power happy regarding your ride. The slight difference made switching up to a more power driven exhaust over the 2 in 2s is not going to make you enjoy your ride any more. I say, if you don't like the look or sound, don't go for it.

If you don't absolutely love the looks of the pipes, or the sound they make at the moment of purchase, you will eventually hate them. I made that mistake once...I went with something I liked the look and performance factor on, but the sound wasn't what I wanted...after about a month of it, I decided I hated it and couldn't care less about the performance they offered. But, that's just me...

Old 04-06-2010, 02:22 PM
sigge
Cruiser

Now I have to add that I really like the original looks of the WG 2010 exhaust.
So I will have to go with Rush slash down slip ons or the new V&H Twin Slash 3" slip-ons!

However, if you want a full exhaust system I'd say go for the V&H Big shots staggered, they look and sound awesome!

Old 04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Wink

I've got to tell you, Warrior, since we do have the twins, I would hate for anyone to lose the look of the stock exhaust. Hubby loves his 2.25" Rush slip ons and the sound is awesome but many don't like to go as different as he did.
It seems we are doing the same thing you and your wife are. Blacked out for me - eventually - and lots of chrome for hubby.
We had vance and Hines shortshots on previous meanstreak and they sounded fine there, but have never been a real fan of the way they sound on a Harley - don't beat me up for that, boys.
Could be worse decisions to have to face. Don't let that $$ burn a hole in your pocket - unless you feel like buying more bobber parts and sending them my way. Take your time and get exactly what you want.

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust poll for my Wide Glide?-100_0479.jpg  

Quick Reply: Exhaust poll for my Wide Glide?