Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shorter Kickstand for Lowered Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 PM
claye
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shorter Kickstand for Lowered Street Bob

Maybe others have had this question, maybe this has been beat to death in other threads, I don't know, but this is what I did. I put on the Progressive 412's (the rear) 1" lower and I put in the 1" lower drop in springs for the front. I absolutely love the the way it handles and rides now. It's way better than factory. The only problem that I had was the angle that it leaned at after the lowering was done. That said, I knew I needed a shorter kickstand. I did a lot of web browsing and came up with one in another thread from J&P Cycles, however, it said for Dyna Models. Great, what Dyna model? Do all Dyna's have the same kickstand? My Street Bob is lower than every other Dyna from the factory, how could they all have the same kickstand? If I buy a lower kickstand, is it going to be the same length as the factory Street Bob? Even Harley Dealers in Missouri (where I live), L.A. HD, San Diego HD, Orange County (California) HD, and Temecula, CA HD couldn't answer my question. So I resorted to part numbers. I found a guy on ebay that had a lower kickstand that fits the 09 FXDL. After calling numerous irritated parts guys at HD dealers I found out that the 09 Street Bob and the 09 Lowrider have the exact same factory jiffy stand. I bought this kickstand and it works great. The sticker on the package said that it came from V-Twin Manufacturing. Anyway, if you don't want to deal with all of the (I hate my job) parts guys at the local HD shop you can refer to this and I hope it helps someone not have to go through what I had to go through.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:23 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should have just taken your kick stand off and grind about 3/16-1/4" off the tab that contacts the frame and that will give you more lean. The more you grind off the more it's gonna lean. Lots of these mods done.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 PM
claye
Advanced

I've read about that but didn't want to grind. I like the chrome to be untouched.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:51 AM
nitebobber08
Tourer

so you used the low rider jiffy stand on your bike after the lowering process? it really worked?

Old 09-16-2010, 08:54 AM
illetrop
Advanced

how much was the jiffy stand, ?

Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i would grind it you never see it and if you mask it right you will never tell plus that fix is FREE

Old 09-16-2010, 09:55 AM
abi
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
Should have just taken your kick stand off and grind about 3/16-1/4" off the tab that contacts the frame and that will give you more lean. The more you grind off the more it's gonna lean. Lots of these mods done.
That's what I did. Works just fine and you can't see it.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:55 AM
jss1975snow
Cruiser

I have the 1" shorter kickstand from Jp Cycles, works great. I also installed the Harley jiffy stand extender, makes it easy to find.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:14 AM
ZethMil93
3rd Gear
Default Heat

Just heat up the kickstand and bend it how you want. Thats what I did and its all good. No grinding or spending money.

Last edited by ZethMil93; 09-21-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Bike description
Old 09-21-2010, 01:21 AM
ZethMil93
3rd Gear

06 Street bob
Lowered 4 inches front and back
made rigid
vance and hines intake
exotic choppers fuelies pipes
power commander
fwd controls