Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shorter Kickstand for Lowered Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:56 PM
animalnoll
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I am dropping the rear of my Fat Bob with the Burly Slammers 10.5". To be prepared if I need to "grind the tab" on the stand, I want to make sure I am grinding the right thing. Are you referring to the piece or tab that sticks out about 3/4 of the way up the stand? I know dumb question, but i have to ask.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:05 PM
blkdimon8
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have pictures of your bike? The mods you mention sounds good, I would like to see how it turned out and how slammed it looks.

Originally Posted by ZethMil93
06 Street bob
Lowered 4 inches front and back
made rigid
vance and hines intake
exotic choppers fuelies pipes
power commander
fwd controls
16" apes
Rhino lined tank and fender.
Modified stock seat

Old 11-27-2010, 10:44 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know what you all are talking about I had 11" Progressives on mine and even with the forks slid up in the tubes an inch the stock kickstand worked just fine.Whatever.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 AM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by claye
Maybe others have had this question, maybe this has been beat to death in other threads, I don't know, but this is what I did. I put on the Progressive 412's (the rear) 1" lower and I put in the 1" lower drop in springs for the front. I absolutely love the the way it handles and rides now. It's way better than factory. The only problem that I had was the angle that it leaned at after the lowering was done. That said, I knew I needed a shorter kickstand. I did a lot of web browsing and came up with one in another thread from J&P Cycles, however, it said for Dyna Models. Great, what Dyna model? Do all Dyna's have the same kickstand? My Street Bob is lower than every other Dyna from the factory, how could they all have the same kickstand? If I buy a lower kickstand, is it going to be the same length as the factory Street Bob? Even Harley Dealers in Missouri (where I live), L.A. HD, San Diego HD, Orange County (California) HD, and Temecula, CA HD couldn't answer my question. So I resorted to part numbers. I found a guy on ebay that had a lower kickstand that fits the 09 FXDL. After calling numerous irritated parts guys at HD dealers I found out that the 09 Street Bob and the 09 Lowrider have the exact same factory jiffy stand. I bought this kickstand and it works great. The sticker on the package said that it came from V-Twin Manufacturing. Anyway, if you don't want to deal with all of the (I hate my job) parts guys at the local HD shop you can refer to this and I hope it helps someone not have to go through what I had to go through.
Originally Posted by thedonthere
Should have just taken your kick stand off and grind about 3/16-1/4" off the tab that contacts the frame and that will give you more lean. The more you grind off the more it's gonna lean. Lots of these mods done.
Originally Posted by JRK5892
i would grind it you never see it and if you mask it right you will never tell plus that fix is FREE
I'm not a Harley Dealer Parts guy but I am certain that if all Dyna jiffy stands are the 'same' the only 'difference' must be in the HEIGHT of the TAB. That would warrant a different part number for each, even though the LENGTH of the jiffy has not changed from model to model.
That's why lower jiffy stands ARE the same length as standard jiffys.

Last edited by 08fxdf43202; 11-28-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:05 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 08fxdf43202
I'm not a Harley Dealer Parts guy but I am certain that if all Dyna jiffy stands are the 'same' the only 'difference' must be in the HEIGHT of the TAB. That would warrant a different part number for each, even though the LENGTH of the jiffy has not changed from model to model.
That's why lower jiffy stands ARE the same length as standard jiffys.
Exactly, if the shortened the actual length it would not fit under the primary.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:19 AM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First I've ever heard of wanting a "short kickstand". I think I'll keep my long one.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:46 AM
ZethMil93
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my pic blkdimon8

Originally Posted by ZethMil93
06 Street bob
Lowered 4 inches front and back
made rigid
vance and hines intake
exotic choppers fuelies pipes
power commander
fwd controls
16" apes
Rhino lined tank and fender.
Modified stock seat

Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 AM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
I don't know what you all are talking about I had 11" Progressives on mine and even with the forks slid up in the tubes an inch the stock kickstand worked just fine.Whatever.
"ditto" no need to lower mine front and rear lowered.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Rmerdcars
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

not sure how some of you are getting away with not grinding the tab on the kickstand,or shorter stand !? I lowered my 10 SG Custom with 11" Progressive shocks and their 2" drop front kit and when the bike was back on the ground the thing stood almost straight up,don't see how you guys would trust that in a crowded lot or bike rally. I've seen to many people bump bikes when walking between them and it looked like a bump against mine and it would have been on its side !! I ground about a 1/4 inch off the tab that rest against the frame when it is in the down position and it leans just the same as it did stock,I do have to lean the bike slightly to the right to put the stand down but it works great and it will save you $95,that's a lot of beer and gas money for a 10 minute do it at home fix !!

Last edited by Rmerdcars; 03-20-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Kickstand for Lowered Dyna

Ditto on Remerdcars comments,
I lowered the rear 1 inch and installed the Progressive Drop in 1 inch lowered and my FXDC was too close to straight up.....The grind mod to the Jiffy Stand is a no brainer and so quick and simple. I ground off just short of 1/4 inch....all is good now.

GARY

Quick Reply: Shorter Kickstand for Lowered Street Bob