Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:34 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone have pics of the TT installed?

Old 04-06-2010, 04:50 PM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by man4mopar
Apples and oranges comparing what a true trac or like component to shocks. I am not saying that adding Ohlin shocks will not net a better feel then installing the true track. I am saying they are different components doing different jobs and is not a comparison.
For instance I shoe horned a 200mm tire onto my WG and clearance is tight. When a motor mount fails things start moving more then they should and such the rear tire starts to rub. Ohlin shocks are not going to keep the play out and limit the amount of movement as the True Track will.
That said motor mounts need to be inspected regularly even with a True Track or similar device.
Apples and apples considering that the swing arm IS connected to the tranny, the shocks are the last component in the rubber mount Dynas.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It works and works well.... end of story....

Old 04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Dyna FAN
5th Gear

Thanks alot guys huge help i guess i will just tell him to order off line and if it is easy to install we will just keep the dealership outta the loop thanks again guys!!!!!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sniper77
Show your dealer the website at TrueTrack and either buy it yourself or have them make the purchase unless they are going to mark it up too much.
Either way, the install should take one hour of labor for both the front and rear.
I will say that aftermarket shocks, with the exception of Progressives, will make a noticeable improvement in ride quality but considering they are rubber mounted to both the frame and swingarm, it isn't reasonable to think they will decrease lateral movement of the drivetrain which is what the Truetrack is designed to address.
Progressives provided a definite increase in cornering capability for my Fat Bob in the riding I do with it, nothing at all lacking for my riding enjoyment.
BTW, my Ducati is equipped with high end Ohlins front and rear, so I do have a comparison with high quality suspension components.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:45 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by editbrain
Does anyone have pics of the TT installed?
Got some in my gallery. There are a lot on here in other threads, so get a long drink and take a browse!

Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JimmysFXDC
Actually it does. With the addition of a beefier performance shock, it will reduce the amount of lateral leverage put on the swingarm. I don't think it will eliminate it completely, but it will reduce it substancially. If your ultimate plan for suspension only goes as high as Progressive shocks, then definately get a TT or Sputhe. If your plan is for performance suspension, then do the shocks FIRST. It may save you some money!
Unless you have taken the rubber bushings out of the shocks and replaced them with something solid like poly, brass or steel you haven't done anything to address lateral stability.
That would be like holding a snake by the ends and telling us it can't bend in the middle.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:46 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Unless you have taken the rubber bushings out of the shocks and replaced them with something solid like poly, brass or steel you haven't done anything to address lateral stability.
That would be like holding a snake by the ends and telling us it can't bend in the middle.
Well put!

I am reading the 25th Anniversary Buell book, in which is made clear that a rubber-mount engine like Buells and Harleys NEEDS three stabilizers. That is why Erik patented his system, used on every Buell and current Sportsters. Dynas have only one. Fit the other two, THEN the bike is fit and ready for better shocks!

If Harley built all their rubber-mounts with a full set they would be far superior bikes.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:04 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
Well put!

I am reading the 25th Anniversary Buell book, in which is made clear that a rubber-mount engine like Buells and Harleys NEEDS three stabilizers. That is why Erik patented his system, used on every Buell and current Sportsters. Dynas have only one. Fit the other two, THEN the bike is fit and ready for better shocks!

If Harley built all their rubber-mounts with a full set they would be far superior bikes.
Which is exactly what they did in the new Fl line, they added the additional stabilizers that laterally lock the drivetrain in the frame.

I honestly don't understand these folks that want to talk about suspension upgrades as an alternative to stabilizers, as someone mentioned earlier - apples/oranges....

Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 AM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master

I honestly don't understand these folks that want to talk about suspension upgrades as an alternative to stabilizers, as someone mentioned earlier - apples/oranges....
I'm not disaggreeing that the lack of motor mount stabilizers is a design flaw on our bikes. My point is that beffier performance suspension may reduce the lateral movement of the rear wheel enough (like it did in my case) to negate the use of motor mount stabilizers. Just trying to save someone a few pennies.

BTW, the rubber bushings in my Ohlins are signifantly smaller than stock.

Quick Reply: True Track????