Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 AM
luv_my_harley
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynojet Power Commander

So, I had a power commander on my sportster that had bassani pipes on it. I could never figure the stupid thing out. My husband finally just put it on my bike and we ran it. I never had any problems but I never felt much of a difference. Is there something I'm not doing right or should be doing? He has one on his bike as well and we never did anything to it. I put the disk in the computer and hooked it all up but I could never change anything. I'm really confused....

Now I have a fxdwg and the time will come I am going to put pipes on it. I need to know if you all think the power commander is a better option or just taking it to harley and running it through the dyno is the best. I have no idea which works better, the power commander worked fine but I don't think it worked to it's full effect....HELP!

Old 04-05-2010, 10:55 AM
FIDDY3
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put power commander V on my 2010 Wide Glide after swapping pipes and intake. I didnt "feel" any difference either, but I sure heard a difference in the sound under acceleration and decel, more "throaty" under accel, and no popping under decel. I searched and searched on here to find a good map for my particular setup and between here and the disc that comes with my PCV, couldnt find anything. I eventually stumbled onto another forum that dynojet monitors frequently and had a custom map made for me by one of their engineers on the board. If you would like I could PM you a link.

Jaison

Old 04-05-2010, 10:58 AM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

I guess I don't understand the mapping part of it. Does it come mapped and ready to go? All we did was unload it out of the box and plug it in to the bike and off we went! I didn't get any popping and my husbands bike quit popping but I didn't feel real good about the whole deal....

Can you email me the info?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Fulano
Cruiser

Also try Fuelpak from V&H. If you use their pipes, they have custom maps for theirs. It piggybacks the Harley standard ECM probably like the Power Commander would. I think.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:01 AM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

I think I will be faithful and go back to bassani, you know how they sound and I love them....so the fuelpak might not be an option for me with those pipes.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
FIDDY3
Cruiser

I cant speak to the older power commander units, but on the power commander V, it comes with a disc with preloaded "maps" for different setups. For example, I have the HD Screamin eagle heavy breather, and Rush full exhaust, but the closest preloaded map was something like this: Screamin eagle intake, Rush slip ons.... So as you can see, not exactly my setup. My understanding is unless you purchased premapped powercommander from a place like Fuelmoto, just plugging in the powercommander and going is essentially like riding a stock bike.

Heres the link to the dynojet monitored forum...
http://www.*****************/forums/ef...-calibrations/

I just requested a map and the next day they had one for me.

Jaison

Old 04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

Perfect, thank you, I will look into it!

Old 04-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

I started with a Fuel Pak and it wasn't quite right.
I ordered a PV-V from Jamie @ http://www.fuelmotousa.com/
You give them all the bikes info including intake/exhaust and they will load a map for you.
Once I installed that - the bike has never ran better...

Unless you spend the coin for a TTS, I'd suggest the above.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
JonV
Tourer

^^ What he said, I've heard said alot. Fuel Moto premaps the PC V for you.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:41 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are looking for the best solution and want to get the most out of that bike performance wise as well as mileage and drivability, look at the TTS tuning kit instead of any of the add on modules. You will get a better tune that the PCV can provide and as good results as most pro tuners without the expense. You need to be a bit of a DIY to get full advantage, but just about anyone will benifit. You can get the PC to work for a specific fuel, but its not going to adapt to the differences you encounter between fuel stations, so they have to be set to run very rich. You can make them run very well, its failrly simple and inexpensive to have a pro tune them. But on the street the TTS kit tunes the bike better.

If you want good enough, that's a judgment call.

Last edited by ColdCase; 04-05-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Dynojet Power Commander