Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010 | 07:44 PM
streetbobkid
|
Road Captain
Default Need some help

so i havent been able to track down my problem and it is even worse that i dont know when it started.

My brake lights come on when i turn the ignition switch to on, they stay on after that, shut it off and the lights work normal, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I thought maybe a pinched wire inside of the controls from doing the grips but i cannot find it

not sure where i put my manual so i cannot get the diagram for the switch housings any help is appreciated thanks

Old 04-04-2010 | 07:51 PM
fxdctom
6th Gear

Might sound strange but, push up and down on the seat enough to squat the suspension a couple of times while it is "acting up" If the light goes out or blinks while doing this, check the main harness where it runs over the transmission near the swingarm mount. The wire loom wore through on mine and allowed a couple of wires to ground out. I had all kinds of lighting and warning light issues because of it.

Old 04-05-2010 | 07:20 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Did you do any work on the bike just before this started? Do the turn signals flash rapidly or normally?

Old 04-05-2010 | 07:46 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by streetbobkid
...I thought maybe a pinched wire inside of the controls from doing the grips......
What I understand you've been working on the grips? If so, the wedge (spring clip) inside the switch housing which holds the brake switch in place could be the problem...

Check out this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...h-problem.html

and try to adjust the switch's position by bending out the wedge.

FXD2003Rider

Old 04-05-2010 | 12:52 PM
NOZEM
Road Warrior

+1 on the little wedge inside the switch housing!!!

Old 04-05-2010 | 01:05 PM
JRK5892
Banned

is your bike lowered at all? have you checekd the wires under the fender for rub though

Old 04-05-2010 | 01:50 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Might be same problem

What year is your bob? my 2010 is having problems that I just figured out what it was starting after lots of work done but had nothing to do with work. Does your horn and turn signals work right?
My hubby and I have been wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Dealership still hasn't called me back about this being warranty work but I think the problem is the actual key ignition. It must have a short inside of it because if I move the key somewhat off the on position and closer to the acces. position it will work correctly. It's easier to do in garage where I can see.
Dying to know if your is same issue. Let me know.

Attached Thumbnails Need some help-100_0474.jpg  
Old 04-05-2010 | 01:55 PM
Lorance66
Road Master

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
What I understand you've been working on the grips? If so, the wedge (spring clip) inside the switch housing which holds the brake switch in place could be the problem...

Check out this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...h-problem.html

and try to adjust the switch's position by bending out the wedge.

FXD2003Rider
I just want to say that FXD2003Rider has some of the best, most informative and helpful answers every time I see him post. Usually with a link too! Great to have guys like you on here.

Old 04-05-2010 | 01:57 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

We spent hours and hours trying to figure out the problem with mine. Took it look local indy and he couldn't find problem either. It took me getting pissed off and trying to pull key out in a huff to see there is a short inside. We wasted a lot of time trying to figure out what it was and pulled off the seat, pulled my new fuelmoto efi to find they were not the problem at all.

Old 04-05-2010 | 02:01 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Didn't realize your was 2008. Probably not the same problem. Was hoping to have someone else to share my misery with.

Quick Reply: Need some help