Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bub 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts
Default bub 2-1

Any of you guy's have the bub 7 2-1 on your dynas? Found a sweet deal on a set and would to see some pics and also how do they perform and sound.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Rineharts and LOVE them. Sound great, fit great and I picked up some power over my slip ons. Here are a few pictures on my bike, the Bub would be the same without the black end cap like the Rinehart.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:44 PM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which slip ons did you have? I just ordered the same pipe in black. I'm pumped to put it on. I'm running V&H straightshots now, and want to know how the power and sound compares. Also, do you think torque cones would improve what's going to be an improvement anyway, or would that take away from what the 2-1 has to offer?

Originally Posted by Vinsil
I have the Rineharts and LOVE them. Sound great, fit great and I picked up some power over my slip ons. Here are a few pictures on my bike, the Bub would be the same without the black end cap like the Rinehart.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:01 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vinsil

my end cap is purple now

Old 04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very happy with mine! Very loud and deep and rumbly.

Sorry for the bad pic but it will have to do till I can take an outdoor shot.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:57 AM
apbtlvr
Road Captain
Default rinehart

I just made the switch from thunderheader to rinehart. The rinehart is much quieter with a deep sound. BUT check this out. One my first build with advanced timing the TH made 103hp/112tq. After burning a piston the timing was retarded past stock to run comfortably on pump gas. We never dyno'd it. Recently Dennis Kirk had a rinehart for $150. We did before and after pulls the same day. Granted the tune on the TH was rich because of an air cleaner change...it made 96hp/102tq. The rinehart made 102hp/110tq. That said the RH is making as much power with retarded timing as the TH made with advanced timing. The RH has a better TQ curve and makes peak HP almost 1000 RPM sooner. That said I love the RH but there is NOTHING that sounds like a TH. My TH will eventually be coated and going back on one day.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:35 AM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks guys. Im gonna pull the trigger on the bub. Just to good of a deal to pass up. The wife's sporty has reinhart slip-ons and they sound friggin awesome. I'm sure the bub will sound just as good. I'm hopping to gain more low end torque until I do cams this winter. Hopeing the map v&h gave me for the bub will work. Gonna switch to the TTS as soon as the funds allow.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry the late reply...

I had a set of SEII slip on's with the BCT baffles. My father however, runs straight shots on his WG so I can compare sound:

The Bub will be quieter. Which I didn't mind at all, the tone I felt was better with the 2-1 over the slip on's but that is subjective and is personal taste. My father won't give up his 2-2 sound no matter what...

I don't think you'll need the torque cones with the Bub, I picked up a TON on the bottom and no more flat in the middle. I have a PC-V with the same map loaded for my slip on's (FM never would send me a new one) so it runs fine. Rich but fine.

I plan to remove it and go TTS soon when I do my cams/heads.

Don..my cap seems to be turning a bit purple as well. Kind of sucks. But I most likely will have a set of RB racing pipes in the near future anyway.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:24 PM
MiddleAgeCrisis
Intermediate

I just put a Bub 7 2 into 1 on my CVO Fatbob. It woke the bike up from what was a deeeep sleep. The sound is low and mean, not too loud. At highway speed it is comfortable. I am impressed. From Drag you get almost half off right now!!!

Old 10-28-2015, 02:13 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Stumbled across this old post and thought Id ad my .02. When I added my Bub 7 without any other mods the mid range was noticably improved but when Id hit about 70 in fifth gear the bike would start cutting out like it was starving for fuel. When I added an ac and some Xied's the difference was unbelievable. With a proper programer with a dyno tune I imagine it could be even better. It didnt lose any mpg and banging 55 in second happens pretty dam fast. I also really like the deep throaty sound and the extra clearance over stock is a plus. After 5 years it has become considerly louder, especially when getting on the throttle. When you come on or off the throttle hard people definitly know you are there