Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Superglide Custom- Rush Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 06:00 AM
jasusn
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Superglide Custom- Rush Mufflers

bought the 2" rush slip ons and installed them last night. within 2 minutes after starting the bike a loud squeal started from the rear jug area of the bike. i also looked at the rear head pipe and it was glowing cherry red. the squeal increased as you gave the motor gas. Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone know what the hell the noise is?

Old 04-03-2010, 10:32 AM
chock
Novice

jasusn i have same bike considering slipons when you find out whats going on i would like to know thanks chock

Old 04-03-2010, 10:43 AM
jasusn
2nd Gear
Default Rush

hey chock, right now i would have to say do not even think about putting them on unless you are at the dealer. this got the bike so hot and so fast that i think it would melt by the time you rode it there. thats the heated head pipe issue- i still want to know what the squeal is. headed to the shop this afternoon

Old 04-03-2010, 11:02 AM
R-Jay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might be a leak between the head and the pipe. Did you put new gaskets on the head pipes and check for proper fit and seal?

Old 04-03-2010, 11:05 AM
R-Jay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could have "tweeked" the head pipe when you tightened down the slip ons.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:22 AM
chock
Novice

how many miles do you haveon yours? i only have 500 cause i had back problems and could not ride for 2 or 3 months got the bike in nov.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:48 AM
jasusn
2nd Gear
Default pipes

never touched the head pipes, and after i replaced the rush pipes and put the stock ones back on the sound went away and no heat issue with the header??

Old 04-04-2010, 09:59 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Good luck!! I had SE slip ons with no problems and I now have V&H slip ons. My old boss put rush 2" on his last 2 bikes with no problem. You can always re-torque the head bolts or you can check if you even put the slip ons all the way on. If you don't have them all the way on the back pressure may be creating the squeal making air go through where you mounted the slip on to the head pipe. I don't know what it is, just throwing thoughts out there. When ever I take my slip on off I always measure the bracket and mark in on the head pipe so when I slide it on I one it's on all the way, plus you don't want them to fall off like I've read in the forum by some that thought they were on all the way.

You can always check the temp with a infrared temp gauge then put your stockers back on and see if all the problems go away. If they do then you know there is something wrong with the rushes. Does it sound like it's muffled or anything because 2" rush don't sound muffled, they're loud! Is there packing that may be in there from shipping?

Last edited by JaronB; 04-04-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Max10
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put a set of 1.75 rush mufflers on my 2010 FXDC. They came off my 2008 Lowrider which I traded in. Brand new bike only 15 mi. on it. Started perfect, ran perfect, sounded great. No problems. I questioned the dealer about them before putting them on and he said they would be fine. Only difference with your's is the size of the opening which is only slight.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:16 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you check and see if exhaust was blowing through the rear pipe? Maybe something is inside that slip-on blocking flow.

Quick Reply: 2010 Superglide Custom- Rush Mufflers