Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-ons for the WG '10

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:25 PM
sigge
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Slip-ons for the WG '10

Hey guys!
I've been searching the forums for a couple of days now trying to figure out what direction to go in order to get a better sounding exhaust!

The stock pipes on the Wide Glide '10 really sounds a bit too tame for my taste, I really need a deeper sound to it but not necessarily louder(..ok maybe just a little!).

Not sure how things work over in the states, but over here they are quite **** about the noise level of your bike.
Either way, as I said I'm not really after making it obnoxiously loud, just want that deep quality sound to it!

I've seen a couple of slip-ons I'm quite interested in, to be more specific the Rush Slash Down 2" and 2,25" mufflers.
I've found a couple of videos on youtube with them on a couple of fatbobs and even one of the WG '10 with it, keeping in mind that they are not full systems I must say they really sound quite good!.
The only thing is that I've got a bit of a hard time judging the actual sound level of them.
I've also got my eyes on a couple of Vance & Hines slip-ons, the Twin Slash 3" mufflers however they won't be on the market until the 15th so I haven't had a chance to actually listen to them yet!

So now for the questions..
Have anyone got any experience with the Rush slip-ons?
If so roughly how big was the volume increase from stock to Rush slip-ons?
What are the main difference between the baffle-sizes on the slip-ons?
Does changing slip-ons have an impact on the warranty of the bike?

Even though I would really quite like a full V&H system, I don't think I would be able to get away with it around here thanks to the sound level of them.
Besides, having just bought the bike the slip-ons are a bit more easy on my wallet right now!

Hope you guys can give me some help/advise on this one!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Vance and Hines Straightshots HS w/ BCT Thunder baffles...Never look back...

Old 04-02-2010, 07:50 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

rush slipons are loud... IMHO you want SE slipons from Harley. Deeper/ slightly louder without being an attention getter and police target. Also supertrapp makes top notch pipes and slipons that have tuning baffles, tune the bike for torque and you get a much quieter sound than big open slipons or pipes.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:57 PM
TheOak
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have anyone got any experience with the Rush slip-ons? Got em, like them (2")
If so roughly how big was the volume increase from stock to Rush slip-ons? Considerably louder and deeper
What are the main difference between the baffle-sizes on the slip-ons? Size = sound, I would not go past 2" with fuel pak
Does changing slip-ons have an impact on the warranty of the bike?
not at all, opening the case or missing service interval will though.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:20 PM
jimmyp1
Advanced

i have 2" rush slipons..they are not loud at all, they are deep sounding but w/ the 2-1-2 pipe, it sounds muffled somewhat..my sporty was louder..i kept my stockers for warranty issues..swap them if something arises.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 AM
sigge
Cruiser

Sounds good, oh and I forgot to mention that one of the reason I've got my eyes on the Vance & Hines twin slashs 3" is because they've got a optional quiet baffle you can buy with them.
From what I've read and heard they should cut down the volume by quite a few db.

Oh and jimmyp1 when you say not loud at all, got any idea of how much of a volume increase it was from the stock setup?

Last edited by sigge; 04-03-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:09 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I have Khrome Werks slip ons and am very pleased. They look like the stock mufflers but with more volume and deeper tone. I was told when I ordered them on a scale of 1 to 10 they are about a 5 and I agree with that after 3,000 miles.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Supergo
Cruiser

The Rush Slip ons can be ordered with 3 different baffles. The Vance and Hines I think only 2. Quality wise you cant beat the Vance and Hines, options wise go with the Rush, if you get a ticket you have 2 chances to become "legal"

Last edited by Supergo; 04-03-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 AM
sigge
Cruiser

When it comes down to the price, they are pretty much the same..
However leaning towards Rush just for the sole fact I've already heard them and that they've got identical looks to the stock exhaust.
However with those V&H quiet baffles, which I've even heard on other V&H slip-ons sound really good, in fact, on some exhausts they even make em sound better - they give an even deeper tone to the bike!

Old 04-04-2010, 06:46 AM
purvissp
Cruiser

I am considering the SE slip ons. Can I use the clamps from my existing stock mufflers to install the SE on my FXDC?

Thank you

Quick Reply: Slip-ons for the WG '10