Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDF buffeting cure?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 07:27 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Here is a shot of it on my bike. It only reduces it somewhat... there is still a bit of air coming up... but it was an inexpensive mod ~25 bucks new.

Attached Thumbnails FXDF buffeting cure?-dsc00440.jpg  
Old 03-31-2010, 09:13 AM
Spinner18
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats it take to mount that? has anyone tried the memphis shades lower fork windscreens added to the addition of the stocker? do those help, or is that a waste of 75 bucks. 25 for the shield part, 50 for the mount brackets

Old 03-31-2010, 11:25 AM
scottc
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting topic, I got the smaller quick release with my FXDF. I went back and tried the tall one and I believe it was worse. I kept the shorter one but really would like to find a solution for long trips.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:58 AM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinner18
has anyone tried the memphis shades lower fork windscreens added to the addition of the stocker? do those help, or is that a waste of 75 bucks. 25 for the shield part, 50 for the mount brackets
Yes they helped my problem a lot! I'm like most, I dont care for windshields much.
But on those looong runs, windshield & bags sure make the trip more enjoyable.
And it all detach's quickly, so you can be cool when you get there..

I know, I know...... "Why didn't you just get a Bagger"

Old 03-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scottc
Interesting topic, I got the smaller quick release with my FXDF. I went back and tried the tall one and I believe it was worse. I kept the shorter one but really would like to find a solution for long trips.
If you want to keep the short detach screen and find the lowest cost and simplest solution to cure the buffeting, it's the Laminar Lip.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Spinner18
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RonnR
Yes they helped my problem a lot! I'm like most, I dont care for windshields much.
But on those looong runs, windshield & bags sure make the trip more enjoyable.
And it all detach's quickly, so you can be cool when you get there..

I know, I know...... "Why didn't you just get a Bagger"

do you need to move the stock blinkers for them to mount? curious as my quick detach i have mounts to the stock blinkers, and can't move them at all, and wondering if i can mount the fork air baffles without moving anything...

Old 03-31-2010, 01:35 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Take your left arm and put it across your chest, like a salute, at 55, if that makes you happy, get Jack's Flaps. Nothing to put on the bike at all, just put on the vest and it's fixed.done deal, and waaay simple

Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior

do you need to move the stock blinkers for them to mount? curious as my quick detach i have mounts to the stock blinkers, and can't move them at all, and wondering if i can mount the fork air baffles without moving anything...
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what your asking...

Stock blinkers are on the handlebars.

Your quick detach 'what' mounts to the stock blinkers?

Fork air baffles? are you talking about the Memphis Shades lowers.
If so they mount to the forks. not even close to my blinkers.
If your blinkers are mounted on the forks, then some of this makes sense.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Spinner18
Cruiser

yeah my 2000 dyna wide glide blinkers are mounted on the forks, and the bottom of my datachable windshield slides onto a rubber grommet that is on the blinker shaft, and the top of the windshield slides onto a rubber grommet up top and is the old style quick detach that has a spring type clip, so i couldn't remove the blinkers and move them, as my windshield would have nothing to mount to....here is a pic if you can see it

Attached Thumbnails FXDF buffeting cure?-harley.jpg  
Old 03-31-2010, 05:35 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior

yeah my 2000 dyna wide glide blinkers are mounted on the forks, and the bottom of my datachable windshield slides onto a rubber grommet that is on the blinker shaft, and the top of the windshield slides onto a rubber grommet up top and is the old style quick detach that has a spring type clip, so i couldn't remove the blinkers and move them, as my windshield would have nothing to mount to....here is a pic if you can see it
Yep I see now..
You might have a problem with the system I have... Howeve I'm sure Memphis Shades would have some kind of an option..

Quick Reply: FXDF buffeting cure?