Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones A/C fit Wideglide?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Crossbones A/C fit Wideglide?

Qiuck question, does anyone know if the A/C on a Crossbones will fit on the Wide glide? both are 2010 models..im guessing that it will..found a takeoff thats black that id like to have but dont want to waste my cash if it will not fit.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe Toddeoeg has one on his Wide Glide ... check out this post

Old 03-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep, Thanks for that link, it clenched the deal, I was unsure and was cross referencing between bikes and had decided they would work, both bikes run the same motor..the link to the post you provided was what i needed.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup. You'll need new breather bolts and one new gasket, assuming you're getting the whole set up. About $15 at the dealership. Roughly as hard as adding gas to your fuel tank.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member

hmm, why the new breather bolts?

Old 03-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
hmm, why the new breather bolts?
On my 07 the original breather bolts (with the football a/c) are shorter than the ones you need for the Crossbones. I'm assuming the same is true for '10 but obviously can't swear to that.

Hit your dealership and have the parts guy call up the schematics and parts lists for both bikes. Compare the part numbers and you'll quickly see what you do and don't need to change out. And get him to print out the schematic for you - I assume you don't have a Softail parts manual.

The breather bolts are $4.95 and the one gasket you need (goes between the filter and the backing plate) is like $3.95. The gasket that goes between the backing plate and the throttle body is the same on both a/c's since the throttle body is the same. Since your bike is new you should be able to reuse yours. I put a new one on just cause I'm **** about that stuff.

Everything else interchanges - the filter and the bracket that holds the filter on the CB are different than the one on the football but that should come with what you're buying. The bolts that fasten the filter/bracket to the backing plate are the same as what you have.

Oh, and you'll need different breather hoses, but I assume you're getting those with the take-off you bought. They are shaped totally different than the football ones.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, i was thinking it may have been length...Everything is coming with the A/C, he had it removed when he purchased the bike..but yeah, im a little **** about this stuff as well, so i will get a new gasket..the hoses are coming with the unit as well, so im good there too. Thanks for your help!!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
sanlyn
Road Master

That crossbones assembly should look real nice on your bike ... post a photo when it's up.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:59 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Put mine on last night. Taddeoeg hooked me up with the idea and a bunch of parts info. Crazy as it may seem I didn't need new breather bolts. I'm going to pick up a set anyway and interchange them to see if that changes the fit at all, but I ran my bike last night after installing the new kit and it ran fine.

Mine came with all new stuff (two new gaskets, new air filter, new hoses...etc). The only thing that didn't come along are the breather bolts.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 AM
sanlyn
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
Put mine on last night. Taddeoeg hooked me up with the idea and a bunch of parts info. Crazy as it may seem I didn't need new breather bolts. I'm going to pick up a set anyway and interchange them to see if that changes the fit at all, but I ran my bike last night after installing the new kit and it ran fine.

Mine came with all new stuff (two new gaskets, new air filter, new hoses...etc). The only thing that didn't come along are the breather bolts.

Looks real nice on your ride.

Quick Reply: Crossbones A/C fit Wideglide?