Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash panel for lowrider tank?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash panel for lowrider tank?

I have a 03 Superglide that I am attempting to do a custom on. I was able to get a set of tins for a Lowrider in excellent condition..I was told these are a direct bolt on..??? I however dont have the dash console or other attachments.. I would like to be able to keep my auto cancel on the signals and make this tank a single gauge with switch on dash.. Is there a possibility of this and if so where can I find the parts... and if not where can I find the parts for the lowrider tank that are stock..I havent been able to find anything online or in J&P cycle.. I am new to all this and have alot to learn.. so any knowledge and help will be greatly appreciated...

Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, not sure exactly what you are looking for, the tanks are a direct bolt on. I am in the process of going the other way, putting a Super Glide tank on my Wide Glide. Putting a switch in the console is not difficult, if you can do some fab work.
The auto cancel should not be affected by the swap.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer
Default looking for

Originally Posted by 8541hog
Well, not sure exactly what you are looking for, the tanks are a direct bolt on. I am in the process of going the other way, putting a Super Glide tank on my Wide Glide. Putting a switch in the console is not difficult, if you can do some fab work.
The auto cancel should not be affected by the swap.
I am hoping that I can find a way to use on 08 fatbob dash for the lowrider tank...If I cant i need to find the parts for the lowrider tank so that I can mount it.. Why are you switching from the wideglide to the superglide

Old 03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

I like the look of the center fuel port and I hated the chrome dash on the WG, on sunny days it would blind me. I did use my ignition switch in the dash instead of the fuel gauge.
Was you SG carb or EFI?

Old 03-30-2010, 05:10 AM
Gladiator72
Tourer

Originally Posted by 8541hog
I like the look of the center fuel port and I hated the chrome dash on the WG, on sunny days it would blind me. I did use my ignition switch in the dash instead of the fuel gauge.
Was you SG carb or EFI?
Its a carb...I can understand about being blinded, Im frustrated with my handlebar options being limited because of the gauges.. Plus I wanted to have a set of extra tins to custom paint,, I have the 100th anniv. tanks and want to be able to keep them for conversion and value reasons.. Do you know where I can find the gauges for the lowrider tank..I dont want to have to pay the stealership

Old 03-30-2010, 06:19 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Ebay or the classified here on the forum is how I find most of my stuff. My SG tank is from a member of the forum.
I know what you mean about keeping the old tins. I am keeping my old tins as they were a factory custom and maybe someday I will do something with them.
I am looking for another EFI SG tank to do airbrush work on.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:28 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Search Ebay for FXDL tank and you'll find three auctions for consoles....

The bracket which holds the speedo and tach is obsolete.

I will post the p/n' s later today when I'm home

FXD2003Rider

Old 03-30-2010, 09:04 AM
icufltrn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the bracket that is obsolete is a bitch to find. i ended up having to buy another set of guages just to get that bracket. i paid $100 for a $15 dollar part and ended up with an extra housing and speedo and tach. look on ebay under fxdl. you will find a lot of consoles and dashes but difficult to find complete set with the bracket. i know when was looking fxd2003 posted a picture of the bracket. doesn't look to hard to make. if i get ambitious i could take some pix of it. depends on the weather next couple days. i had a special bracket fabbed up to hold all my idiot lights.here is a picture of the bracket i had fabbed up to hold my idiot lights. i have holes in my trees that hold it on. Saw that you were having issues with bars and will have issues if you want to change headlight. also din't end up using the dash panel and just bolted console to tank without it..

Last edited by icufltrn; 03-30-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

According to my 2003 DYNA models parts catalog it is the "BRACKET, instrument" (item 10 in image below) and the p/n is 48047-95A. Unfortunately this p/n is not recognized by LSHD1, Zanotti and Chicago H-D parts database.

When you check BikeBandit.com for the p/n, you'll find this

My advice: open some search queries at Ebay and monitor the upcomming auctions for it....sometimes they show up like this one last week: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Old 03-30-2010, 12:32 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Here's an image showing the bracket 48047-95A.

You could try to make one yourself..........

FXD2003Rider

Quick Reply: Dash panel for lowrider tank?