Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Thrill Bill
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you need the cables, Super Tuner software CD and also how to install it. So I'll send you my Instructions to install the software and make it work, you need to E-mail me at wcmckinley@yahoo.com because the file is too big for this forum. After you install it make sure you make a Windows system restore Point, so you won’t have to do it again. You need to check for updates about every week or so, because they know there are glitches in the software. You will know when you will have to do a restore, because the Main Menu buttons start flicking or when you pull up a tuning file and the A/F tables keep trying to update (flicking) or it won’t flash the ECM or lose of communications. My VCI is a 32109-08A (black) but it’s been updated to a B (orange). Make sure you have the latest gray cable with two black boxes on it and you must read the Inst. Manuel, it’s also a good idea to get the Training DVD 32101-10. Ride Safe
Thrill Bill

Last edited by Thrill Bill; 04-03-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:47 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i got all my software and cables working the other day and did a record data run man neat stuff.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:20 AM
stvn22
Advanced

Originally Posted by Thrill Bill
Yes you need the cables, Super Tuner software CD and also how to install it. So I'll send you my Instructions to install the software and make it work, you need to E-mail me at wcmckinley@yahoo.com because the file is too big for this forum. After you install it make sure you make a Windows system restore Point, so you won’t have to do it again. You need to check for updates about every week or so, because they know there are glitches in the software. You will know when you will have to do a restore, because the Main Menu buttons start flicking or when you pull up a tuning file and the A/F tables keep trying to update (flicking) or it won’t flash the ECM or lose of communications. My VCI is a 32109-08A (black) but it’s been updated to a B (orange). Make sure you have the latest gray cable with two black boxes on it and you must read the Inst. Manuel, it’s also a good idea to get the Training DVD 32101-10. Ride Safe
Thrill Bill
Thanks Bill. Still wiating for the shop to get these for me. If I have any problems I will contact you If that is ok with you.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
Yep thats all you get however you can buy the cables, and software and then you have the ability to hook up the black box and ride the bike record data and make changes etc, check codes, and see how your bike is running and temps and some senors etc. I am still working on figuring this all out lol.

I just got the software yesterday and picking up the cables tomorrow cost was $66 bucks they also offer a trainning DVD for like $30 bucks but since i am a man and don't follow instructions or so iam told i felt no need to buy that lol.
where did you get that stuff? You buy it from the dealer?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:20 AM
kwas
Cruiser

I know the cable from the SEST to the ECM is the same as the SERT cable (which I have), but is the cable from the computer to the SEST just a standard printer cable?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:53 AM
DynaStorm
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase
Just to mention that, although the SEST does OK, the TTS tuning kit is less money and does a much better tuning, monitoring, and data recording job along with being easier to use for the DIYer. Some dealers won't sell you TTS because its not a HD product but you will be much happier with the TTS kit, no chance to corrupt the ECU flash. Many independent pro shops, those that want to keep a good reputation, throw away the SEST that comes with some of the staged kits and substitutes the TTS. Customers are happier. You could probably get a good SEST deal by dumpster diving around one of these shops .

Just saying, it is your call but pro tuners are frustrated by the SEST limitations and lack of factory support, let alone the more sophisticated DYI crowd. The factory doesn't seem to understand how it works. The only thing the SEST has going for it is that you don't ride with a laptop to tune, you can purchase it at your local stealer, and you have HD marketing to back you up. If you are looking for the best value for your $$ stay away from the SEST.
can usually figure out what some acronyms are, but have been scratchin mah head as to what 'TTS' is....thundermax? perhaps....either way, got a link to site?..thanx!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Also...that tuner becomes married to THAT bike once installed. You can't uninstall or move it to another bike ever. So, that money you spent will go free to someone else who buys your bike if you ever decide to sell it.

I like the fact that I could remove my pcIII and move it to another bike if I ever want to as long as it's a compatible model.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Also...that tuner becomes married to THAT bike once installed. You can't uninstall or move it to another bike ever. So, that money you spent will go free to someone else who buys your bike if you ever decide to sell it.

I like the fact that I could remove my pcIII and move it to another bike if I ever want to as long as it's a compatible model.
On cars, that's called 'VIN Locked' if I'm not mistaken. Some tuners on cars can be moved from one car to another if you baseline it. Evidently, Harley has left out that feature on theirs.

From what I've read on this subject, when Harley introduced the Evo (in 1984?) they felt like they got jobbed by the aftermarket. They felt like a lot of their engineering and design features got pirated by the aftermarket.

This time around, they promised themselves it wouldn't happen again and went to extreme lengths to protect their new stuff. That almost certainly includes their EFI and ECU systems.

I think it might be safe to assume there are 'poison pills' lurking in Harley's EFI system and whether Master Tune participated in the development of Harley's EFI and ECU products or not seems to be a side issue. I feel safe in also assuming that Harley protected itself with a really strong, bullet-proof contract and probably also has hidden programs that any other firm wouldn't be aware of.

That's just a WAG. But I DO know how big Corporations think. Can't say I blame them a whole lot. Good for them -- Bad for us.

Money. It's about the money. Always is.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know the cable from the SEST to the ECM is the same as the SERT cable (which I have), but is the cable from the computer to the SEST just a standard printer cable?
The cable from the computer to the SEST is your cheap usb cable the one like you get with the cheap cameras standard usb on one end and the square box styl usb on the other end can be picked up at walmart for cpl bucks.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 AM
IBGary
Road Captain

I was in the shop yesterday talking about the 32109 and it sounded like it was software rather than a physical part. The shop said it stayed with the bike when sold.
My question is what is better in terms bang for the buck, the S.E. 32109, Thunder Max, or the Terminal velocity? I have read that the TV doesn't require any dyno time or retuning when future changes are made, but a dealer told me they would not work on the bike if it hadf the TV installed. ????

Quick Reply: SE Tuner