Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed with tri-bar led brake light!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
pfetzerb1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem on my bike. It is probably not a problem with your taillight, at least it wasn't in my case and form what I hear it is a common problem. First off have you changed your grips? If you have then you probably broke the brake light switch inside of the master cylinder, try pulling out on the front brake handle and see if it goes off. Give it a try and let me know if it works. Some advice I've gotten for future reference is that if you ever change grips stick a match book or something in between the brake handle and the housing to keep it from breaking the switch inside.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Northern B
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by powerman1972
Hello all, new to the forum and had a question for anybody who has had this problem or know what may be wrong. I just installed the HD tri-bar led brake/tail light on my 09 Fatbob and cant figure out this headache causing problem. first off it seems like the brake light is stuck on, when i hit brake lever either by foot or hand nothing changes with the light, it just stays bright. Took it off plugged the stocker in and it functions properly. Took the light back to the dealer exchanged lights and the same thing happens. The wiring from the harness matches the stocker, just cant figure it out. The dealer has never heard of this before and suggests i bring it in to have the service dept look at it seeing as though there is now money back on electrical parts. HELP!!!!!

I had the same problem with mine after I made some repairs to the Tri-bar light assembly. I thought maybe I'd screwed up something putting the light back together.

The stock tail light circuit board/cover assembly, that the Tri-bar and turn signals plug into, has an extra socket available that the turn signal connectors will fit into .... I had one of my signals plugged into the wrong socket. Once I plugged it into the right spot everything worked properly again.