Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring tailbones converter???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:47 PM
cjm8806
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring tailbones converter???

Well i have been playing around with the wiring i CAN get to signals to turn on, but no blinking or brake lights....im not sure what im doing wrong

I chopped the rear tailight off and am using my signals for everything now
Therefore i have nothing to plug the stock harness into so i have to hard wire it and its not going too smooth

Has anyone ever wired up rear signals without the harness?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:58 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have a module without the plugs on it?

I have my rear harness removed and just extended the taillight wires up to the module under the seat. Mine (module) has the plugs on it so I did use the plug off the factory rear harness to splice the signal wires into.

With the module in place you only need the blinker wires off the module running to the back and everything should work.

All the wires at the front of the module need to be hooked up.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:09 PM
cjm8806
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bberck
Do you have a module without the plugs on it?

I have my rear harness removed and just extended the taillight wires up to the module under the seat. Mine (module) has the plugs on it so I did use the plug off the factory rear harness to splice the signal wires into.

With the module in place you only need the blinker wires off the module running to the back and everything should work.

All the wires at the front of the module need to be hooked up.

My module does have plugs its all hooked up,So what your saying is use the factory plug off the rear that normally would plug into the rear tailight and splice your wires from your tailight into that and plug that in to the module?

Old 03-23-2010, 02:19 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cjm8806
My module does have plugs its all hooked up,So what your saying is use the factory plug off the rear that normally would plug into the rear tailight and splice your wires from your tailight into that and plug that in to the module?
Ya I cut the plug off the rear harness (one under the seat) and plugged it into the module and pulled the rest of of the rear harness out from under the fender and got rid of it. Then ran the turn signal wires back to the plug and soldered them on. Just needed 3 wires for my 08. They share a ground then the power for each turn signal (dont recall colors off hand but think it was brown and violet). You just need the turn signal wires here and just cap the running and brake wires. The module makes its changes before the rear harness so the signal wires are all you need.