Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power commander map questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:16 PM
FIDDY3
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power commander map questions

So I got my powercommander installed and loaded the map closest to what I have, which is a M15-013-020 which is the advanced map screamin eagle intake, vance and hines big shots staggered, and stock ecm. I have a heavy breather, and rush shortys, and the stock ecm. After loading the map and test riding around for a half hour or so, I still have a fair amount of popping on decel. Anyone have any recommedations other than forking over the $$ for a dyno tune? Can you email powercommander for a custom map?

Jaison

Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you can get the decel pop out by adding fuel to the 0% throttle column i believe on mine i had to take it up quite a bit to get it to stabalize and quite popping. and if memory serves me right you you start somewhere around the 1000 rpm range and go up thru the 4000 rpm range. others will post here but thats the gist of it.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

I got my PCV from Fuel Moto. Have same problem with decel popping and backfiring. Waiting on fuel moto to email me a tweaked map which they say should help with the problem. If you got your PC from fuel moto give them a call and they can help you.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Bikepusher
Intermediate

You would think with all the tuners out there there would be more maps available.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:20 AM
Bob'n'Stang
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that the M15-005-005 map would work better for you. It's for rush slip ons and SE breather. That's the one that I used when I had the rush slip ons and the heavy breather. I didn't get any popping. The SE breather and the heavy breather flow about the same. If you look at the map you can see that it uses more fuel in the 0% column. I looked for the map that you said you were using and maybe you had the number wrong but by the description you gave it is the M15-005-020 and that map is totaly wrong for you.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Fatbob Pharaoh
Advanced
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bob'n'Stang
I think that the M15-005-005 map would work better for you. It's for rush slip ons and SE breather. That's the one that I used when I had the rush slip ons and the heavy breather. I didn't get any popping. The SE breather and the heavy breather flow about the same. If you look at the map you can see that it uses more fuel in the 0% column. I looked for the map that you said you were using and maybe you had the number wrong but by the description you gave it is the M15-005-020 and that map is totaly wrong for you.
I agree. I got my PC5 from fuel moto and they had a customized map for my setting, which happens to be rush exhaust and SE breather. The M15-005-005 map is almost identical to the customized map. Good luck

Old 03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
FIDDY3
Cruiser

Are we talking about the same maps here? The M15-013-020 that is on my PCV map list says its for...

2010 Harley Davidson Dyna*Advanced Map*
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered exhaust
Screamin Eagle Air filter
Rev Xtend Enabled
Fuel Table 1 is front cylinder.

Is this different that what you guys have on yours?

I figure with full Rush exhaust, this would be a fairly close map. Im concerned that the map for the slip ons wouldnt be sufficent.

Jaison

Old 03-24-2010, 02:10 AM
Bob'n'Stang
Cruiser

It may be a differant list because I don't have one with that number mine are all M15-005-000 thru M15-005-022 but I don't see why they would be. The list that I have covers all Dynas with a PCV.
I didn't realize that it was a full exhaust. In that case the slipon map isn't right for you. You might want to try one for a differant brand though. I tried the V&H maps and they just weren't very good with a differant brand of exhaust.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:37 AM
Bob'n'Stang
Cruiser

I just went to the Dynojet website and I found out that the 2010 models do have the numbers with the M15-013 in them but they seem to be the same maps with a couple of new ones. I still think you should one for a differant brand of exhaust.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:11 AM
Fatbob Pharaoh
Advanced

its M15-005-005 on mine:
2009-up Harley Davidson Dyna *Advanced Map*
Rush slip-ons with 1.75" baffles
Screamin' Eagle air filter
Stock ECM
Rev Xtend enabled
Table 1 is front cylinder
And yes, i beleive with full rush exhaust it might be insufficient.

Quick Reply: Power commander map questions