Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check your gas tank newbie

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010 | 02:15 PM
mikeault
Tourer

I did something equally as unimpressive. My bob is the first bike I've had with a security system. I always keep the fob in my jacket so it doesn't bang around in the wind. I started my bike in the garage next to my jacket, and didn't wear it. On my way back from a quick ride, I stopped for gas. When I tried to star it up again, it took my about 30min to figure out why the turn signals kept flashing and it wouldn't turn over. Luckily I was only a few miles away, and the wife brought me the fob.

I figure this isn't the last time I'll forget that thing, so I'm trying to figure out the override. Having a time with it though, the instructions I found for it don't work. Anyone know the process?

Old 03-23-2010 | 03:16 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mikeault
I did something equally as unimpressive. My bob is the first bike I've had with a security system. I always keep the fob in my jacket so it doesn't bang around in the wind. I started my bike in the garage next to my jacket, and didn't wear it. On my way back from a quick ride, I stopped for gas. When I tried to star it up again, it took my about 30min to figure out why the turn signals kept flashing and it wouldn't turn over. Luckily I was only a few miles away, and the wife brought me the fob.

I figure this isn't the last time I'll forget that thing, so I'm trying to figure out the override. Having a time with it though, the instructions I found for it don't work. Anyone know the process?
First, you have to set the code. I can't remember the factory default, but you have to have a functional fob in order to setup the code (procedures in Owner's Manual).

Once you have the code setup, the procedure is this:
Turn on ignition
Hit both turn signals within 3 seconds
The odometer will switch to 5 dashes and dash 1 will be blinking
Hit the left turn signal until your first digit of your code is displayed
Hit the right signal to move to the next dash
Repeat previous two steps for dash 2-5
Hit right turn signal after digit 5 is entered to enter your code

Security system should now be disarmed. Assuming you entered the code correctly.

Old 03-23-2010 | 03:19 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by combat_doc
yeah it can happen but damn i found out yesterday that he didnt even pass his msf class. i know my wide glide has a gauge and a light when it gets close.this guy shouldnt be riding cause without the course he cant get his license all he can have is his permit.i dont know what his problem is but i asked around and obviously he aint the sharpest knife in the drawer. but i did ask and he fought he had gas.oh well hopefully he dont hurt hiomself or someonelse on the road. on my way home i passed a motorcycle crash dont know what happened but the crotch rocket was layin near a curb. gotta watch out for everyone out there.
Hey Doc, is the SPC riding on post? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Corps used to require proof of passing the Experienced Rider's Course before they'd let you get a base sticker for a bike. If you're found on base without said proof, loss of riding privileges on base, depending on CG of course.

Old 03-23-2010 | 03:25 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
After reading that he never shows up after he bugs you to ride with him and then he won't even let you touch his bike to help out and then you go and tow it for him the next day ? Did he give you gas money atleast ? Sounds like he's a friggin jerk off to me
+1.

would have gotten back in my truck and left when he told me not to touch his bike.

ungrateful douchebag.

Old 03-23-2010 | 03:56 PM
mikeault
Tourer

Thanks phrog. I'll give it another go.

Pendleton was the same way. No card = no sticker / access to base.

Old 03-23-2010 | 04:05 PM
Maimas
Road Warrior

I never trust my gauge. I reset my odomter everytime I fill up, and lately I have been pushing it, I usually fill around 150, and I always top off at the end of the day, this way I can fire up and roll away on my next ride and not have to worry about running right to the gas station.

Old 03-23-2010 | 06:01 PM
99superglide
Tourer

Fact of life > never trust a Dyna gas gauge. I always go by the trip meter.

Old 03-23-2010 | 06:24 PM
'09fxdb
Tourer

1..He rides a bike..
2..It happens to be a Harley..
3..He seems to be a Buddy..(why else would you go pick him up)..
Seems like 3 good reasons to help a guy out
and to the guys who said "**** him...let him stay there"...glad I don't have you people for buddies..

Old 03-24-2010 | 08:59 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Originally Posted by toastman
+1.

would have gotten back in my truck and left when he told me not to touch his bike.

ungrateful douchebag.

Yep an ungrateful douchebag !! **** em let him stay there !