Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check your gas tank newbie

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010 | 10:24 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned

After reading that he never shows up after he bugs you to ride with him and then he won't even let you touch his bike to help out and then you go and tow it for him the next day ? Did he give you gas money atleast ? Sounds like he's a friggin jerk off to me

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 03-21-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-21-2010 | 10:26 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Tricky part is filling it, i use a gas can at home and a funnel. Putting the gas in the bike is easy enough....but a small funnel would be a good idea.

Old 03-21-2010 | 10:38 AM
CyberDuke
Cruiser

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Excellent tip... I had been wondering how to carry a small amount, safely, myself.
Here's a tip, get a wine bottle leather case that holds two bootles like this one: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/23...x_Leather.html. Drink wine with good friend, replace wine bottles with two Primis gas container and strap to Sissybar. Can save you a lot of headaches in the long run

Old 03-21-2010 | 11:44 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
After reading that he never shows up after he bugs you to ride with him and then he won't even let you touch his bike to help out and then you go and tow it for him the next day ? Did he give you gas money atleast ? Sounds like he's a friggin jerk off to me
+1! I would have told him to go himself.If I'm at 1/2 tank and going for a ride I'll top of before I go anywhere.

Old 03-22-2010 | 11:52 AM
combat_doc
|
Cruiser

yeah it can happen but damn i found out yesterday that he didnt even pass his msf class. i know my wide glide has a gauge and a light when it gets close.this guy shouldnt be riding cause without the course he cant get his license all he can have is his permit.i dont know what his problem is but i asked around and obviously he aint the sharpest knife in the drawer. but i did ask and he fought he had gas.oh well hopefully he dont hurt hiomself or someonelse on the road. on my way home i passed a motorcycle crash dont know what happened but the crotch rocket was layin near a curb. gotta watch out for everyone out there.

Old 03-22-2010 | 07:43 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Supporter

Hey Sgt. Does this kids MOS involve a firearm? Or did he even qualify with one?

Old 03-23-2010 | 03:41 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member

That's why you're a Sgt. and he's a spc. You have a brain that thinks in rational real time and he has a 3 pound glob of Jello between his ears. It's up to You to mold this spc. into a real machine. I'd break him down and bust out 25 every time you see him. At least for a while. Semper Fi.

Old 03-23-2010 | 12:13 PM
combat_doc
|
Cruiser

believe it or not hes an infantryman lol hes on his way now to retake the basic riders test.

Old 03-23-2010 | 01:38 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member

Don't ask how I know, but the gauges lie.

Back when I trusted my gauge (fist mistake) I ran out on a country back road and the gauge was showing full. I called the indy shop I had just left and the first thing he asked is "are you out of gas" I told him the gauge shows full, again he ask "are you out of gas", I pop the cap and look (talk about feeling 2" tall) luckily the house I ran out in front of the guy was super nice and had a couple of gallons that I bought from him to get me to the next station. And for the record I only had 150 some odd miles on that (5 gallon) tank.

Old 03-23-2010 | 02:05 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

My guage is about 80% accurate so when it gets down to 1.5 gallons the light comes on and I know it is time to start looking for fuel. But my old bikes never had guages so you had to pay attention.

Quick Reply: check your gas tank newbie