Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you running a Corbin solo

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 12:57 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default For those of you running a Corbin solo

and pillion pad who want a Mother well rack for use when you're not running two up.

I spoke to Motherwell and they said they didn't have anything that would work because the corbin seat extends so far back on the fender. I decided to try the MWL-421n cause it looked like it could be made to work and it does with a little work.

http://www.motherwellproducts.com/st...?idproduct=153

The rack comes w/o any padding to protect your fender at the front mounting portion so I cut some dense foam to fit and used double sided photo mounting tape to attach it to the rack. I happened to have some 3/16 foam laying around and used it but it's really to thick,thinner would be better.

The front of the rack has to be notched out so it will slide up against the mounting pin. Just marked it with a sharpee pen and cut with a hacksaw.

Name:  CORBINMOTHERWELL001.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  48.1 KB

The seat wouldn't quite slide down on the rear pin because of the additional height of the foam so I put one washer under the pin on the fender and one washer each on the seat bracket between the seat and the seat bracket to get it to work.

Name:  CORBINMOTHERWELL003.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  74.3 KB

The front of the rack is not bolted down,just wedged in place so there is no side to side motion,but the rear of the seat holds it in place and it's solid as a rock.

Name:  CORBINMOTHERWELL004.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  82.6 KB

Good Luck

Tom

Old 08-02-2006, 01:02 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: For those of you running a Corbin solo

Name:  CORBINMOTHERWELL006.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  60.3 KB

Old 08-02-2006, 04:46 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tommay,
That corbin is a GREAT looking seat, how is that comfort wise compared to the Mustang seat. If they were not so damn $$ expensive I would have bought one. I really like the look.
BTW- Nice lookin toe's. I don't know how this came up but I was talking with the wife on the phone earlier and she said that August is Foot Health Month along with several other things. LOL
jdog

Old 08-02-2006, 05:23 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jdog12091

Tommay,
That corbin is a GREAT looking seat, how is that comfort wise compared to the Mustang seat. If they were not so damn $$ expensive I would have bought one. I really like the look.
BTW- Nice lookin toe's. I don't know how this came up but I was talking with the wife on the phone earlier and she said that August is Foot Health Month along with several other things. LOL
jdog
[Yup,figgered those toes would get a comment, Didn't notice til after I'd posted the pic.

Comfort wise it's very firm and probably not as comfortable as the Mustang,but it just fits me better. I'm not tall but for some reason I keep scooted back all the time and I find myself riding on the very back portion of the Mustang whereas the Corbin is a little longer and just seems to fit me better. On trips I'll probably use the Mustang with my luggage which has a built in lumbar pad to keep me from moveing back.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 08-02-2006, 09:56 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy cow, either that seat is HUGE or you have tiny little feet. [sm=joke.gif]

Sorry, couldn't resist.

The seat and rack look really nice.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:01 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice stuff there Tom ... I might get a rack and mod it up like that.

I too have a Corbin Classic Solo and Pillion. I've found to be the best $$$ I've spent on my bike yet. Comfortable, well-made, no exposed nuts and bolts, and locks on the bike. Put 400 miles on it today in fact!!

I tried a Mustang and wasnt satisfied .... most love them though.

PsTaN

Old 08-03-2006, 12:54 AM
RMBob
Cruiser

I just ordered a Corbin solo for my Bob and was wondering how it changes your seating position from the stock seat. I'm hoping it moves me back and up a little, so I can stretch my legs a little more and make the mid mount pegs are bit more bearable. My old Road king Corbin Dual Tour used to put me back a little more than the stock seat.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:00 AM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mvlow

I just ordered a Corbin solo for my Bob and was wondering how it changes your seating position from the stock seat. I'm hoping it moves me back and up a little, so I can stretch my legs a little more and make the mid mount pegs are bit more bearable. My old Road king Corbin Dual Tour used to put me back a little more than the stock seat.

You should be happy .... I'd say it moves you up and back just a little compared to stock.

PsTaN

Old 08-03-2006, 01:32 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

ORIGINAL: TOMMAY

.................................................. .................................................. ........

.................................................. .................................................. ........
Rack looks good Tom, but please put your boots back on.

mud

Old 08-03-2006, 02:21 AM
RMBob
Cruiser

Are there any racks out there that will fit with a Corbin solo on a Street Bob without any modification? If not, how about a fender bib, like the ones Mustang makes. Basically I'm looking for something to protect the rear fender when I wear a back pack to work.

Quick Reply: For those of you running a Corbin solo