Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering the Superglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Rafkin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering the Superglide

Quick question for you Dyna riders. My wife wants me to lower her '09 Superglide Custom 1". I plan on using the Tamarac 1" lowering blocks. This is no problem but I am concerned with the jiffy stand. It seems long now and she has to almost put the bike past level to lower it. Is this a problem with the lowered bikes? Any of you guys lowered your scoots and had to change the jiffy stand also or is it not a problem?

Old 03-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Ring
Advanced

Just lowered my 09. The stock shocks are 12.6 and I put some 12 inchers on my and already noticed it standing the bike up. I would think that an inch drop might make it a little too upright. Have you priced out lowered stands?

Old 03-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Rafkin
Cruiser

I was changing the oils in both bikes yesterday when she mentioned it to me. did a quick search and found the blocks. Not sure if I would go this way or the shorter shocks. I just thought right away that I might have to change the stand. I haven't priced any yet just wanted to see if the guys on here had any experience with this to see if it was even a problem or not.
Thanks for the reply

Old 03-20-2010, 11:32 AM
MilesJ
Road Master

I have the Tamarack 1-3/4" lowering blocks on my superglide and I lvoe them. I haven't noticed any problem with slideing the stand out but it does stand straighter when on the stand, so I am more conscious of what angle the ground is that the bike is sitting on. I have thought about putting a custom bend in the stand, but I haven't had any probs so far, so haven't done it.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:42 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you guys need to do is grind about 3/16-1/4" off the tab that contacts the frame on your kickstand. That will give it more lean. Plenty of members here have done this

Old 03-20-2010, 11:55 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
What you guys need to do is grind about 3/16-1/4" off the tab that contacts the frame on your kickstand. That will give it more lean. Plenty of members here have done this
yeah only a moron would buy a new stand for such a simple quick fix... so grind away or don't worry about it. FWIW my bike never fell over with 11" shocks on it, your safe.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:55 AM
MilesJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by thedonthere
Damn that thought never even crossed my mind! Duh! Gotta go look at that now! lol

Old 03-20-2010, 11:58 AM
OutlawBagger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rounder
FWIW my bike never fell over with 11" shocks on it, your safe.
Mine hasn't fallen over yet with 11in shocks and stock stand.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

12" HD-412 Progressives.... bike leans on the stand quite well.... no worries.

Oh, and the 1/2 shorter shocks lowered the bike almost 3/4 inch....

Last edited by archergodwin; 03-21-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:59 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had to lower my Low Ride because I'm short. Put progressive 430 11" on PLUS lowered the front forks by 1". I have the jiffy stand WITH the extension because I couldn't reach back to grab it. Legs not long enough. Anyway, after the bike was lowered, the stand actually kept the bike MORE upright. Although it never fell over, the problem was, I had to lean it over to the right MORE to be able to put the stand down AND retract it. A couple times I thought me and the bike would fall over onto it's right side when we were parked on uneven or sloped pavement.
Anyway, someone on this Forum referred me to a place that sells a Jiffy stand for Dyna's thats made 1" lower. WWW.DEBRIX.COM is where I got it. Had the dealer install it with along with the "extension" and It's wonderful. Leans over to the left like it should. Below is the link to the page showing the stand if you're interested. I'm glad I got this mod done. BTW, it uses your original jiffy stand hardware to install.

I would like to make a suggestion.....if you lower the rear, lower the front forks as well, or she may feel the bike is top heavy and harder to steer and have more of a reach up to her handlebars. After mine was lowered, it changed the center of gravity....to where I feel like I'm now sitting "IN" my L.R. rather than "on" it.

http://www.debrix.com/1-Under-Jiffy-...27-0593-vt.htm

Last edited by LWOS; 03-21-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Lowering the Superglide