Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?? 07 LOWRIDER hEADLIGHT.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 05:47 AM
DanielBoone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?? 07 LOWRIDER hEADLIGHT.

My wife took it out for a ride and when she got back headlight was not working,Are they a fuse for the headlight or you think it is blown,if so how do i check it ??

Old 03-21-2010, 03:57 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, there is a fuse for the lights, but it might just be a loose or pinched connection, or the headlamp bulb might be burned out. I'd start with the bulb and work my way back.
The headlight 4-place multilock connector is located inside the top frame tube. The Fuse block is located under the electrical craddle cover on the left side above the primary cover. The lights fuse is the very last fuse on the bottom right side.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:03 PM
mmient
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hopefully it's as simple as a bulb or fuse. I lost the low beam on my 07 FXDL. Turned out to be a wire broken in 2 places in the backbone. Please let me know what you find out...

~Mike

Old 03-23-2010, 09:09 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

MMIENT...... know of what you speak. Last year, I had HD Fog Lights installed. One day they quit working, but only part of the time. If I sat on the seat, they quit....if I got off the seat, they worked fine. Lifted the seat and found the wires were pinched between the seat and frame close to where the battery was. Moved & retaped the harness, and they've worked fine from that point forward.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:22 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Did you lose both high and low beam? I've never actually seen both filaments go out at the same time. If you lost both, I'd check fuses/wiring. If you lost only one... probably the bulb.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:03 AM
DanielBoone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The light was blown,my thought is that she hit a really hard bump,or pothole,cause hi and low is blown,

Old 03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Glad to hear it's going to be a simple fix for you.

Do your wife a favor........ change her over to a Sylvania Silverstar or PIAA XTreme White pLUS bulb for Motorcycles. Replacement Size for motorcycles is "H4" and you might be able to pick them up at an automotive parts stores. They sell them online at Amazon.com, ebay etc. and other bike/automotive places, but check shipping costs before you order. Make sure the H4 is listed as a
12V 60/55 = 110/100 type.

I picked the PIAA for my bike. They're a little more expensive than the Silverstar's but they also have "anti-vibration" built into them where the Silverstone doesn't. Both my Dyna and hubby's & Daughters Heritages are all running PIAA'S going on 3 years now with no problems. WHEN YOU REMOVE THEM FROM THE PACKAGE & GO TO INSTALL THEM.......DO NOT TOUCH THE BULB WITH YOUR BARE FINGERS. These are Halogen bulbs and the oils on your fingers will cause them to fail prematurely.
They sure do increase your visibility both at night and to oncoming traffic. It's amazing the difference it made for us.

Here are a couple links.......with owner comments at the bottom

http://www.amazon.com/15224-Style-Xt...=pd_sbs_auto_1

The above is for 2 PIAA bulbs...I know they sell individual bulbs as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-H4ST-.../dp/B000AM8BN6

This is for a single Silvania bulb.

Last edited by LWOS; 03-24-2010 at 11:58 AM.