Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer up the Dyna???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:05 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 354 Posts
Default Springer up the Dyna???

Well, we are back from our Florida trip and I was able to get the Low Rider back in shape. Got rid of all the wifes fringe, most of the luggage and put the windshield away till next winter. But as I'm looking at her I'm thinking she needs something else to do her up right. Then it hits me! I have this chrome Springer that I have been keeping for the Shovel project, but it just doesn't look like I'm gonna get her back on the road any time soon. So I was thinking, why not just put the Springer on the Low Rider??? Its complete, it fits with a little grinding on the neck and it should look pretty cool. I have all the parts. I might have to put my lowering blocks back on since the Springer is a little shorter than the front end thats on the bike now, but other than that, I'm thinking...hell yeah. What am I waiting for? I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Any of you guys have experience with these DNA Springers on our Dyna's. I had one on my last Shovel with great success, I can't see it being much different? Input......

Neil

Old 03-19-2010, 10:08 PM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, save the springer for the Shovel!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:31 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If I had one laying around I promise you it would already be on my Dyna. A chromed springer has to be one of the most beautiful sights known to man. What kind of grinding has to be done to get one to mount up?

Old 03-19-2010, 10:58 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Not totally sure, but it looks as if a few tabs on the neck need to be ground down a bit and I might have to do just a little work the the Springer to get a full sweep radius. But untill I actually mount it up I don't really know. I was hoping a few of the members have finished it and can help ME. They are sweet looking, which is what got me thinking.

Jimmy, I hear yah man. Opinions is what I want. I didn't ask just to up my post count. All opinions are welcome.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:44 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont know about the mods needed.. But I almost bought the crossbones because Im a sucker for a springer.
My Only thought was how much is that going to take away from the over all ride of your dyna?

But yes IF I had one laying about it would be done.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:02 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I say go for it. Sprung Dyna's rock! Again, worst case scenario....you take it off. What if you traded it for a slightly longer one that would fit your dyna just a little better?

Not sure where you are located but a swap meet in NC, I saw at least half a dozen springers in varying conditions.

I've no experience with springers but could you extend it to keep the geometry the same?

Old 03-20-2010, 01:17 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

I think it'll look kick ***. I say do it cause wanna see what it'll look like. LOL

BTW Vic, there's another swap meet in Charlotte next weekend (3/27 & 3/28).

Old 03-20-2010, 07:41 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

put it on, you can always return it back to the stock front end in the future. Mock it up and start cutting/ grinding.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:59 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaMightBuzz
I think it'll look kick ***. I say do it cause wanna see what it'll look like. LOL

BTW Vic, there's another swap meet in Charlotte next weekend (3/27 & 3/28).
Yeah, I knew it was coming up just not sure when. I'll see if I can make it up there. Who knows, it might not suck this year.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Yeah guys, I think its a go. The only reason I haven't started it today is the weather channel says 80 degrees today in Richmond and 78 tomorrow. Just can't bear to take the bike apart on the most perfect weekend of the year thus far.... concerning the tragic winter we've had. But I'm gonna start it on Monday. Hope to have it back on the road and some progress pic posted by the weekend.

Just a side note, there was a giant swap meet scheduled here in Richmond for today and tommorow.... I just saw it was cancelled due to lack of participation. I'm like, no duh. You can't ask 15 dollars a head as an entry fee and think a bunch of bikers are actually gonna show up and pay that just to look around at stuff!!!

Quick Reply: Springer up the Dyna???