Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All done with good pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Arv
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick man Sick..

Old 03-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Yldtang
Cruiser

Bike look's wicked Jaron! Nice to see a shiny bike ever once in a while. Thanks for the close up's of the turn signals. I picked up a piece of 1/8" plate and cut out my mount's yesterday. I'm nut sure if I'm gonna use my left signal mount's down there to make them more adjustable or not. I also like the paint graphic's. I have thought about doing some subtle air brushing on my tins but I don't know what I would get or how it would look. Enjoy your ride Bro!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jaron,
Nice job!!!! classy build and great design.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:29 AM
lucky chuckie
Tourer

I haven't seen the turn signals down low before. Looks cool! Looks like your ready to take off with that bag on your handlebars. Cool low profile bike.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:54 AM
dynhd1
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good JaronB nice job!

Last edited by dynhd1; 03-20-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:04 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks everybody!!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:19 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by toastman
awesome job man, time to update the sig pic.

how do you like the c and c solo? seat is next for me, trying to decide which way to go.
So far so good!! I'm going on about a 200 miles ride today, so that will be a good test. To work is 32 miles one way and I like it so far. No complaints and it looks badass. I got the mercedes leather so it's crinkled so over time it will hide the wrinkles better.

Originally Posted by Slayer dude
Great looking bike. I have the same bag, I love it for short trips. I think yours is upside down. But if that's how you like it so be it.
It is, but with it upside down you press in the lid and it acts as a wind/bug defector with no buffeting like a windshield.

Originally Posted by Two Feathers
Jaron, bike looks great, would love to know what it took to do the touring turn signal mod.
Here's my write up on the turn touring bar. If you have questions PM me. I bought it off of ebay. Grind it down to sit flush on the fender, drill a couple holes and wire it in. It was pretty easy.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...turn-sigs.html

Originally Posted by rounder
so you know, metzelers have no growth like other tires, so should the tire rub when hot, just get a metzeler and you won't have to ruin the fender to tire clearance. Bike looks really good.
Good to know thanks!! I'll see what it does. Going on a longer ride with some twisties, so we'll see.

Originally Posted by Yldtang
Bike look's wicked Jaron! Nice to see a shiny bike ever once in a while. Thanks for the close up's of the turn signals. I picked up a piece of 1/8" plate and cut out my mount's yesterday. I'm nut sure if I'm gonna use my left signal mount's down there to make them more adjustable or not. I also like the paint graphic's. I have thought about doing some subtle air brushing on my tins but I don't know what I would get or how it would look. Enjoy your ride Bro!
Thanks! I bought my bike from HD with that paint. Next paint job if I ever need one is going to be from paradicepaints.com. (I think that's right). For your bike color I've been digging the gloss flames or maybe some ghost flames like a grey or something lite. Post up some pics of the adjustable brackets you make for the sigs. When I first did it I angled the mounting point like 45 degrees down, but I didn't like it and looked like it would hit. So I went back to the 90 degree like in Hickey's thread and I've been trying to make them hit here around town in turns and the peg touches and still have a good 3 inches before the sig hits. You'd probably hi side your bike on the primary or hit the exhaust before the sigs. The 21 raised the front of my bike a bit too, so I don't know if that is a difference but taking corners a little faster. My ride today will be some good twisties so we'll see if they touch.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:20 AM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Excellent pics! Great job. From the angle of some of the pics, it looks like you'll need to use a periscope to see over that bag.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:28 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by AFONE
Excellent pics! Great job. From the angle of some of the pics, it looks like you'll need to use a periscope to see over that bag.
LOL!! Nah I'm 6 foot and my head is probably a good foot above the bag.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:34 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks sweeeeet Jaron...

Can I suggest something? Black out the turn signals. Think they might look a little better in black. You can test it by getting some black electrical tape, and cover one up to see if you like it. If not, peel the tape off and I'll shut up. lol

Only reason is you have some key pieces chrome. The TS are not a key component and being chrome in such an open spot, they draw your eye to them. Hope you're not insulted.

I really do like what you've done. As for the fender hitting/not hitting...if it hasn't hit yet I don't see a way for it to hit the tire. It is rigid mounted. Think you're going to be good to go on that mod.

Quick Reply: All done with good pics!!