Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 dyna Primary noise--- stator

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:17 AM
rob_will
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I must say that this forum has really helped me in the past. I had my stator/rotor changed at 30K miles at the MOCO expense. They even through in a new battery as it caused a couple of cells to go bad.

The IPB was also changed by the MOCO at my local stealer. They charged my $100.00 for the whole job for a "disposal fee". Heck I didn't mind paying that as the IPB went out at 75K miles. Stealer said I the highest mileage bikes he has seen get the IPB changed by the MOCO...

I do want to thank all that helped with these two big issues with my 06 bob....

Old 07-03-2012, 11:32 AM
getanxd
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wow dealer still a stealer

wow and these what seem to me to be stand-up 'dealers' are still ref to as 'stealers?' i'm just glad HD is still in biz in this economy, yeah, i trade with them and i do pay more, but they have stood by me so far and i haven't had the full monty or the '06 grenade pin pulled compensator changed yet either and i might learn my naive lesson with them. the indies are good too and to ea their own. well, say what you want, it's a free country.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:57 PM
czarone
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jmpancoast
Your stator/rotor replacement is going to be coming from your wallet. While there have been LOTS of issues, haven't seen any acceptance from Harley.

The Inner Primary Bearing is up in the air. The Moco first created an amendment to the owners manual stating they would change the bearing as part of scheduled maintenance every 15,000 miles. They then issued a letter staing it was no longer needed. How easy it is to have it covered depends on your dealer.

The are several guys on here who had the bearing changed upon its first failure, and the bearing, tranny case, and inner primary case changed on the second failure, all on the MoCo's dime.

I have a 06 FXDLI that we purchased new in April of 06. I never received to letter that you posted.
Guess I'm gonna need to call and inquire about that.
Reason being, BIKE is doing the some thing it has done when the stator has went out. Last time was last June, right before ROT. Needless to say that this will be about the 4th time. Dealer had to replace it twice in one week(but that is a different story).
Thanks for the info, gonna see what I can do.
BTW, BIKE is spitting back thru throttle body when cold and die's, etc..

Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the rescission letter went out in Feb.'06; only the early buyers rec'd the pink letter.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Borisat
Cruiser

im posting in this thread coz i have an 05 made/vin 06 wide glide imported from the states

the bike had the chrome inner primary so im hoping all internals have been done before i got the bike

15 thousand miles (25000 klms) so far (bike had 6500 k when i got it in 2010)

i have the gaskets and 5 x bolts ready foe a new inner primary baker bearing

one day she will die and life will go on !

Last edited by Borisat; 02-12-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:01 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

With a chrome IPCase, yours may have already had the Full Monty done. Chrome wasn't stock in '06. I learned from those who'd gone before me, that you could get the chrome IPCase for "free" when HD did your F-M. As part of the F-M package, they sent a new (black, stock, $400) -06B IPCase to replace the -06A (or just -06, I don't remember). I ordered a chrome -06B IPCase ($300) at the same time. When the F-M parts package arrived, I had my dealer install the chrome IPCase, and return the black Case for $400 credit. The dealership loved my scheme, since they came out $$ ahead, and they fronted the chrome Case so I was never out-of-pocket...I was happy getting the chrome Case. Yeah, chrome is $100 cheaper; weird!
When/if you ever open your primary, look at the part number of the Inner; if it's an -06B, you've likely got ahold of a F-M bike, and shouldn't have an IPB problem. The F-M didn't include an upgraded Rotor/Stator, so you could still be facing that gremlin one day. I upgraded to '07 R/S when I had mine open for a belt replacement last August. You difinitely want to dump the 2-piece Rotor when you get the chance. I sleep easier now that both '06 issues have been addressed. Good luck.

Last edited by PKellyMc; 02-13-2013 at 05:09 AM.