Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before photos - new rear fender for FXD

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 05:36 AM
Dingobob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good. It's a good thing when you can't buy exactly what you want and have to build, make, change it. Means that no one else has it.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:36 AM
Dingobob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good. It's a good thing when you can't buy exactly what you want and have to build, make, change it. Means that no one else has it.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:22 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i dig that battery cover idea!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

That bikes gonna look great. On my setup I was also forced to run the fender lower than the factory bolt holes. Other wise it just sat too high and I had clearance issues with my sissy bar. Thanks for all the updates and pics along the way. I have been stealing your ideas for months now.

Love the battery box Idea.....humm, looks exactly like the one I used to have on my old FLH Shovel? jk........

Old 12-01-2010, 12:10 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop

The other thing that is beginning to get my attention is a battery cover that bikerlaw had sent me ... I'm going to knock the rust off of it and see if I can figure out a mounting scheme ... the cover is bigger and does not have a 'right angle' on the front side ... I am thinking I'll bend the sides back against the front and then from a point set back in about 1/2" - 3/4" bend the sides back in and cut them to fit the existing battery tray/box ....

R/
'Chop
Originally Posted by bikerlaw
That bikes gonna look great. On my setup I was also forced to run the fender lower than the factory bolt holes. Other wise it just sat too high and I had clearance issues with my sissy bar. Thanks for all the updates and pics along the way. I have been stealing your ideas for months now.

Love the battery box Idea.....humm, looks exactly like the one I used to have on my old FLH Shovel? jk........
Neil:

I thought I had given credit where credit is due ...

I'm going to try to mock the fender up on my bike this afternoon ... see how it sets with my QD sissy bar/rack ....

R/
'Chop

Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Looing good Todd, keep it coming.

Also, I'll be rigging makeshift dies to use with a press to make the bends ....
I have had good luck with vice grips and angle iron for bending sheetmetal but I think it would cause you more grief than good on the cover.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:39 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

I trimmed the front part of the fender last night ... took a couple of photos; but, didn't get a chance to post them up ... will plan on posting them up this evening ....

Also, spent some time wire-brushing the inside surfaces of the battery cover ... it was corroded pretty bad ...

Rick -

Thanks for the idea ...might have some application ... maybe throw in a few C-clamps and bar stock into the mix ...?

[I just now noticed you changed the mufflers on your headpipes to tapers ... or reverted to your stock ...?]

R/
'Chop

Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

[I just now noticed you changed the mufflers on your headpipes to tapers ... or reverted to your stock ...?]

R/
'Chop
I put the stock head pipes with modded mufflers back on it. The Cobra's seemed a bit much noise wise but I like the looks of them better so I'll probably put them back on in the spring. That or I'll talk the wife into a Fat Cat!

Old 12-03-2010, 12:41 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

I meant to post my progress photos on 'my thread' ... but, due to some inter-rectal cranium issues posted them on bikerlaw's thread ... a couple of photos below and a link to the rest of the photos of my recent work ....

R/
'Chop

A link to the photos I posted on Neil's thread is here ...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-w-pics-4.html

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 02-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:12 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

At the risk of double posting.....awesome!

Anyways, are you just color matching the rear fender of are you redoing all the tins at once?

Quick Reply: Before photos - new rear fender for FXD