Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Ballast Location

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 AM
jcmusic
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My headlight bucket is pretty big but, the ballast I plan on getting is also very big!!! Too big to fit inside the bucket!!! Reason is I am going with this one is local guy lifetime warranty!!!

Jay

Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 AM
lstcause616
Tourer

i just installed my hid kit last night. i have the big ballast. what i did was i bought i small leather fork bag ran all the wires into the fork bad. looks pretty clean. and theres still room in the fork bag to throw in a pair of glasses or what not. so its a little dual purpose.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:01 PM
jcmusic
Tourer

Originally Posted by lstcause616
i just installed my hid kit last night. i have the big ballast. what i did was i bought i small leather fork bag ran all the wires into the fork bad. looks pretty clean. and theres still room in the fork bag to throw in a pair of glasses or what not. so its a little dual purpose.
Now there is an idea, I already have a bag on my bike. Do you have any pic's?

Jay

Old 03-18-2010, 10:37 AM
lstcause616
Tourer

Originally Posted by jcmusic
Now there is an idea, I already have a bag on my bike. Do you have any pic's?

Jay

jay- ill get you a pic tonight.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:11 PM
lstcause616
Tourer

heres the pics

Attached Thumbnails HID Ballast Location-bike-hid-on.jpg   HID Ballast Location-bike-ballast-2.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 09:42 PM
FIDDY3
Cruiser

Im sure in your case you already have the kit, but for the rest of you guys that are interested in doing a non-specific HID kit, I would recommend something like this kit on ebay. The ballast is super tiny and should fit even in the stock headlight bucket....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTOR...#ht_3536wt_939

I have a 2 of these kits but for a car in my Chevy truck, in the low beams and fogs and have for almost 2 years. Never one problem.

Jaison

Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 PM
lstcause616
Tourer

my kit was free. but after it blows up, catches on fire, or gets stolen ill get one of the slim kits.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:05 AM
jcmusic
Tourer

Originally Posted by FIDDY3
Im sure in your case you already have the kit, but for the rest of you guys that are interested in doing a non-specific HID kit, I would recommend something like this kit on ebay. The ballast is super tiny and should fit even in the stock headlight bucket....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTOR...#ht_3536wt_939

I have a 2 of these kits but for a car in my Chevy truck, in the low beams and fogs and have for almost 2 years. Never one problem.

Jaison
The link you provided says that the kit has two bulbs!!!

Jay

Old 04-13-2010, 07:06 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tonygret
These guys say their kit has a small balast and it all fits in the factory housing. They give you 2 complete kits. I haven't tried them myself yet but plan to in the near future.

http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/h...ballasts-p-209
Their site talks about a relay harness for $35.You can get the same relay with harness from MCM Electronics for less than $10. I have used them many times in our truck club.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i am installing these on chad and my bike here in the next few weeks. One of my buddies has a solid conection with a retail distributer. would blow your mind what i paid for them from a customer of ours. the price was so good "for me"
so i ordered them for my harley, Chads harley, my fighter (2), my cafe, the wifes bike, and my brothers gold wing
the harleys are getting H4 HID with high low in the bulb they are 6000k bulbs which is the bright white, has kind of a bluish tint to it, but it's the "true color" bulb. The ballasts are Bosch slim-line ballasts. He said that they are 2" wide by 1/2" thick. Should fit in the bucket no problem. They are 35w current draw with 85w output lightning! Cool thing is, they operate cool enough to hold them in your hand while they're on and it won't burn you. very stoked about them! can not wait to get them installed

Quick Reply: HID Ballast Location