Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi New member with 2010 Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:18 AM
CrustyAngel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks GPHDXLC & byg twyn 55

can someone tell me, why i cannot see other members attachments pics of there bikes
cheers

Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 AM
kydav
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard. You should start seeing the attachments any time soon. I had the same problem until i found out you need to be a member for at least 5 days and have more than 5 posts. By the looks of it you have enough post. You should be update soon. Nice bike by the way.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Swamp Fox
Road Captain

Welcome....love them Wide Glides!!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

They have the same Street Bob tail light on the 2010 WG in the "local" dealership here. I asked another military guy here if we would have to put on a center mounted tail light on our new WGs to pass safety inspection here, he didn't know... I'm hoping we get a "pass" and don't have to do it. I don't think I'm allowed to have the tires on my Jeep stick out beyond the fender flairs either, but they never said anything about it when I got it inspected before I could put license plates on it.

I never noticed not being able to see attachments...then again didn't get on the forum much when I first signed up.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:38 AM
CrustyAngel
Advanced

thanks for the info on attachments kydav
cheers Swamp Fox
CowPokey its worth the wait , good luck with the tail light change on your WG,
i have been looking at other option for it, so it dont stand out so much, might be
able to do something with a low profile led tail light i have been looking at,
for a cleaner look,
but the angle of it, is not quite right, so not sure which way to go yet.
i do prefere the number plate where it is though

Old 03-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome! Nice ride!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member

Mine will be delivered as a stateside model, so it will have the side mount plate and no center tail light. The one I saw at the Korean dealership also had amber lenses for the turn signals on the rear, is that the way yours is too?

Hopefully my bike gets here soon, they told me end of March beginning of April when I ordered it...the wait is becoming unbearable. lol.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 AM
CrustyAngel
Advanced

Cowpokey there is chrome blinkers on each rear fender strut, you can just see them in the pics, but i have replace the amber lense's all round with smoke lense's reckon they look heaps better

Old 03-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member

Cool! Are you required to have amber turn signals? I wonder if the "export" model is just set up that way from H-D. The Street Bob light and center mount plate don't look that bad, just different from the stock US bike.

I like the mods you've done to yours already. I plan on pipes, breather and grips almost immediately...good chance they will be ordered in the next few days so I can make the changes as soon as the bike gets here.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:27 AM
CrustyAngel
Advanced

yes we are required to have amber turn signals and the bikes come out with them, but you replace the white bulbs with
amber bulbs so when they flash they look amber still with smoke lenses and we get away with that, if you look at one of the first pics i put up you can just see the amber bulb under the smoke lens,
yes its good fun making the changes watching the bike change with a few beers
i got the pipes, air cleaner, and tuner put on at the dealers during the delivery because that way here it does not void your warranty, but all the smaller bits i done myself and ordered them from the states, because its much cheaper than buying them here,
do you have to have head lights on there, all bike here, you cannot turn the headlights off they are hard wired, and if you changed it your busted

Quick Reply: Hi New member with 2010 Wide Glide