Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike is DONE new pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:39 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 213sleeper
ryderbiker, Do you mind giving us some specs on the front wheel setup? Tire size, wheel width, etc....?

Sorry I'm new to the forum and Harley's, but also have a Street bob and want to go with a 21" front.

Here you go!!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...treet-bob.html

Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for all the comments. There is more info and detailed pics in the first post I put up before the front wheel was done.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...road-pics.html

As far as other questions about it I tried to answer them all.

TBiketroll- the rear signals are Kuryakyn strut mount bullets. One of them is not one the bike since I had some powdercoating issues. It will be back on this week.

beerguz- the front is an Avon. The rear is the factory Michelin that came on it. The front is smoother for sure. Having more tire soaks up bumps better. I will replaced the rear when I do my back rim.

BoomerBob- the horn cover is done but the factory chrome is super tough. I am having a custom derby cover made so I didn't spend the time to do it. I could write a book on doing scotch brite. I spent more time doing that than all the other stuff combined.

nitebobber08- the bike is lowered 1" front and rear. Progressive spring kit in the front and 1" blocks in the rear. I'm not going any lower but I am going to install Ricor Intimidators and Works Performance Street Tracker shocks.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:42 PM
tatfreek1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey dude have you ever heard the term( less is more )it applies here . Your bike looks fing amazing i love they way it looks, great job!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:57 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Bro -

Awesome work on the sled ... doesn't seem that radical, but a lot of little stuff that really sets it apart ...! [Must be especially gratifying after the fiasco with the spokes!]

I really dig the bars you're using ... which ones are they ...?

Did you have the Goodson A/C modded ...? I have the same one, but it appears you 'opened up' the grooves on the leading edge ....

Bravo Zulu ... well done

R/
'Chop

Old 03-14-2010, 01:14 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Smile

Thanks for the comments. I personally love my bike now and I am happy that I was able to pull the bike out of my head and have it turn out the way it did. Less is more is the way I do everything. I don't like clutter or BS. I modified a lot of stock parts and picked top quality parts for what I replaced. I like the fact that people have to ask what all is different. They know it isn't stock but can't pick out what makes it different in most cases. The devil is in the details.

Surfor- good eye brother. I did open up the lower part of the Goodson. I drilled a bunch of small holes in the grooves with a very trusting friend holding the cover then used a chainsaw file and needle file to smooth them out.

The bars are from NOISE Skinny Cycle Parts. Here's a link: http://noisefastloudhard.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ryderbiker; 03-14-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:27 PM
DeltaDog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
Thanks for the comments. I personally love my bike now and I am happy that I was able to pull the bike out of my head and have it turn out the way it did. Less is more is the way I do everything. I don't like clutter or BS. I modified a lot of stock parts and picked top quality parts for what I replaced. I like the fact that people have to ask what all is different. They know it isn't stock but can't pick out what makes it different in most cases. The devil is in the details.

Surfor- good eye brother. I did open up the lower part of the Goodson. I drilled a bunch of small holes in the grooves with a very trusting friend holding the cover then used a chainsaw file and needle file to smooth them out.

The bars are from NOISE Skinny Cycle Parts. Here's a link: http://noisefastloudhard.blogspot.com/

Great work man!! My rim is in, but it will be a few days before Im able to do it. Waiting on the Stainless spokes from jireh. If they dont fit.. then Im just gonna go ahead and get the spokes from DS. I've ordered my rear 18x5.5 rim. Just looking over spokes for it! Cant wait for that!!! Will post pics soon and will proably be hollerin at ya! LOL
Thanks for you help as well.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:44 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DeltaDog
Great work man!! My rim is in, but it will be a few days before Im able to do it. Waiting on the Stainless spokes from jireh. If they dont fit.. then Im just gonna go ahead and get the spokes from DS. I've ordered my rear 18x5.5 rim. Just looking over spokes for it! Cant wait for that!!! Will post pics soon and will proably be hollerin at ya! LOL
Thanks for you help as well.

18X5 rear?? They have a rim only availible for that now?? I asked before and Jireh never wrote back. What's the part number and spokes when you get them?? I need a new tire in about 4-5k, that would be awesome to do.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior

I'm going to switch to an 18x5.5 and a 180/55-18 when I need a new tire. The change isn't as dramatic as the front and I don't mind the "skinny" 160. I need to let the bank account recover a little bit too right now.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:32 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks really good dude...nice & clean! Like the finish on the pipe, looks natural & smooth...I'm a fan!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 PM
chuckieb
Intermediate

Bike looks good. Very clean

Quick Reply: Bike is DONE new pics