Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denim Paint Blues "long read"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:17 PM
72 svlhd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear of your woes !!! I bought my Pewter Denim FAT BOB in Sept. 07 and have had no issues with the paint. On cloudy or overcast skies it appears to be a flat finish but put it in direct sunlight and the metalflake comes to life. I love the paint on my bike and couldn't be happier.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:44 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGDADI
Called them Thursday April 1st to see if they had received the pics from the delarship, that were taken 2weeks ago. They told me they cant find them so they were going to contact the dealer and call me back. Here we are going on Wednesday the 7th no call. Big surprise
I will call them myself tomorrow, and will update post when I know something. That custom paint with the white scallops does sound sick, however my wallet and my wife wont be digging that idea.

what year is the moco living in , 1982 ?
call the guy back , get his email address and email him the pics . poor customer service pisses me off .

hope they see it your way and ship you a new set of tins

Old 04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 72 svlhd
Sorry to hear of your woes !!! I bought my Pewter Denim FAT BOB in Sept. 07 and have had no issues with the paint. On cloudy or overcast skies it appears to be a flat finish but put it in direct sunlight and the metalflake comes to life. I love the paint on my bike and couldn't be happier.
I love the Denim paint also, I absolutely love the color of my bike. What we have here is a case of bad prep work or possibly no prep work before painting. Fortunately since I already had the same issue with the tank, witch I had to throw a fit and write a letter to get anything done about it, this time they didn't argue. Talked to MoCo today and they agreed to my claim and they are shipping a new rear fender. They just took their sweet a$$ time about it and I had to call them back 3 or 4 times. Will be four to six weeks till new fender gets in, took 3 months for the tank. Harley customer service SUCKS, but I am happy they are making it right. Warranty is up this August, going to keep a close eye on my front fender since it will be the only original tin left on the bike.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:14 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Denim paints, which *do* have a matte clear coat, are awesome for show vehicles. On the street, they don't hold up very well and caring for them is a pain.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased my FXDBI new in June of 06 and have the matte black. Not one complaint,It is very easy to clean and it holds up well. That said I agree that the prep on yours was not done before shooting it. +1 that HD "customer service" SUCKS!!!!!

Last edited by Prodriverdon; 04-08-2010 at 10:03 AM.