Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short Fat Mexican Down, AGAIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:39 PM
ShortFatMexican
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Fat Mexican Down, AGAIN!!!

As unbelieveable as it seems to me my Ape Bob is down, AGAIN!! Not due to a mechanical problem or some issue related to my recent bar install... No, this was due to my own carelessness and ineptitude, and of course the curb that jumped out in front of me. In my office parking lot no less! Got in a hurry and clipped the curb coming out of our lot. Ego damaged more than anything...mostly cosmetic damage but expensive cosmetic damage none the less. My brand spanking new bars are scratched and probably bent. Some other right side damage as well. It's amazing how much damage a 5-10 mph dump in the parking lot can do! Just getting ready to start Spring Break. Was going to meet up with one of the other guys here in the forum to do some riding in the Hill Country/ Canyon Lake/ San Marcos, Tx area. You can not imagine how bummed I am.

So it looks like I'll be bikeless for another couple of weeks?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:44 PM
SPERO56
Cruiser

Sorry to hear that but at least your ok. Sh*t happens it's called life - don't blame yourself!

Old 03-12-2010, 06:46 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry to hear man. At least it was very slow speed and you came out unscathed. That's the important thing. Bikes/parts are replaceable. People, not so much.

I had a zero mph dump and bent my 16's up good and proper...and dented my tank pretty badly. I also scratched the hell out of my derby/primary. Also, my clutch lever perch was scratched beyond repair and crushed against the lever.

That was at ZERO MPH. Seriously. I was trying to make a left turn with the bars locked full left, on a strange incline and when I let the clutch out, I just fell over.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:50 PM
bord3r
Cruiser

Damn the luck... I cant say that ive done that on my harley yet ''knock on wood'' but i have damaged my fair share of dirtbikes not peying attention

Old 03-12-2010, 07:04 PM
ShortFatMexican
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Sorry to hear man. At least it was very slow speed and you came out unscathed. That's the important thing. Bikes/parts are replaceable. People, not so much.

I had a zero mph dump and bent my 16's up good and proper...and dented my tank pretty badly. I also scratched the hell out of my derby/primary. Also, my clutch lever perch was scratched beyond repair and crushed against the lever.

That was at ZERO MPH. Seriously. I was trying to make a left turn with the bars locked full left, on a strange incline and when I let the clutch out, I just fell over.
I just can't get over it... I was just getting ready to set up a ride with Formike56 in San Marcos after lunch. You know what they say about best laid plans...

On the bright side, I will have time to mod my new lift. BTW, it is 5-1/4" but my bike is not lowered and it still doesn't clear, but just barely. Maybe by a 1/2". Anyway, thanks again for all of your help. I'll keep you posted on my repair.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:44 PM
rdown1976
Tourer

Let me know when you ride up that way....wouldn't mind tagging along.....beautiful area

Old 03-13-2010, 05:23 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShortFatMexican
As unbelieveable as it seems to me my Ape Bob is down, AGAIN!! Not due to a mechanical problem or some issue related to my recent bar install... No, this was due to my own carelessness and ineptitude, and of course the curb that jumped out in front of me. In my office parking lot no less! Got in a hurry and clipped the curb coming out of our lot. Ego damaged more than anything...mostly cosmetic damage but expensive cosmetic damage none the less. My brand spanking new bars are scratched and probably bent. Some other right side damage as well. It's amazing how much damage a 5-10 mph dump in the parking lot can do! Just getting ready to start Spring Break. Was going to meet up with one of the other guys here in the forum to do some riding in the Hill Country/ Canyon Lake/ San Marcos, Tx area. You can not imagine how bummed I am.

So it looks like I'll be bikeless for another couple of weeks?
Sorry to hear this... Next time you get to come out this way give me a hollar. We'll find some backroads to tear up....

Old 03-13-2010, 06:18 AM
icufltrn
Tourer

that sucks, glad you are ok though

Old 03-13-2010, 06:27 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Glad you are okay, **** happens, funny *** name BTW gave me a chuckle.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:47 AM
jss1975snow
Cruiser

Ouch, that sucks. I'm speechless, hope it comes back together soon.

Quick Reply: Short Fat Mexican Down, AGAIN!!!