Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshields make my eyes blur

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:01 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fhansen
What model windscreen did you get?
It looks like a compact HD shield but don't remember the model

Old 03-14-2010, 03:42 PM
creekhed1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Height of the windvest is CRITICAL i noticed... actually raised mine about 4" from what it looks like in my sig pic.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:56 PM
'09fxdb
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dale_K
My dealer was nice enough to let me test ride my new FXD with the Harley compact detachable shield before buying it (the shield). Good thing he did because somehow the turbulence around my full face helmet was pretty bad. It shook the helmet around and moved my eyeglasses so bad it genuinely blurred my vision.

I thought the "barn door" Harley windshield would surely fix the problem so I asked the dealer to order it. Again he allowed me to test ride it before paying but the turbulence wasn't really any better. It's not a height issue because I'm almost looking through the "barn door" model. I felt bad rejecting the special order but there's no way I could have ever used either shield.

Funny thing is I've owned an FLHT-P, FLHS and a Valkyrie and never any problems with those windshields. The "barn door" windshield was just as big as those but it won't work for me.
I think your Dealer is great....you should stick with them..My Stealer would want a restocking fee if I returned it and thats without letting me try it..

Old 03-14-2010, 04:07 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,929 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by creekhed1
Height of the windvest is CRITICAL i noticed... actually raised mine about 4" from what it looks like in my sig pic.
How were you able to adjust yours?
I'm going to try a Windvest, getting it on Tuesday after talking to them about the correct size. I didn't have any luck with the Harley QD windshield, like my head was going through a buzz saw. I'm also getting a fork bag to see if that will help to cut down on the wind buffeting. I just need something for long trips, I use FF helmet for around town.

Mike

Old 03-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Dale_K
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyna-mite
Okay guys, help a lady out...new to riding, just bought a 2009 Dyna low rider. Looking for a windshield, but after reading these post having second thoughts. Can someone tell/explain to me what is a windvest. My new (to me) bike will be delivered the end of next week. It is completly stock with only 1559 miles on it. Since my eyes are sensitive to the cold wind, I wanted extra protection, now I'm wondering what to do. Appreciate any input. TIA....Annette
A full face helmet will take care of sensitive eyes in the wind even if the bike doesn't have a windshield. A little safer too, IMO.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
jaqmes
Cruiser

wear the turtle shell running local, and ff if i'm gone for more than a few days .

Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Pirate Boy
Tourer

I had a mephis shades that did the same thing . First windshield i ever had and hated it UNTIL i was told how to properly adjust it. I had to lower it a bit and tilt it forward a hair :-). what a difference that made. Keep trying you'll get it adjusted right.

As for the " windshields are for cars " type . there usually the ones who put on 2000 miles or WAY less a years on there bike, barely take it out of town or past the nearest bar. (takes stick and hits bees nest ) LOL

Peace
Ride Safe

Old 03-16-2010, 05:45 PM
sdb000
Intermediate

I have a HD quick release windshield... what's the best way to cut it? Just looking to trim off about an inch or so.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of LMAO answers, I use a bandana myself but like JAXDWG said "riding is what counts" even with belts and suspenders.