Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshields make my eyes blur

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:41 PM
TN-Triker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay guys, help a lady out...new to riding, just bought a 2009 Dyna low rider. Looking for a windshield, but after reading these post having second thoughts. Can someone tell/explain to me what is a windvest. My new (to me) bike will be delivered the end of next week. It is completly stock with only 1559 miles on it. Since my eyes are sensitive to the cold wind, I wanted extra protection, now I'm wondering what to do. Appreciate any input. TIA....Annette

Old 03-14-2010, 07:07 AM
jp13
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harleyphoenix
Windshields are for cars.
I 2nd that!! give me the wind and the bugs thats what I like.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:49 AM
creekhed1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone considering a windshield should look at WINDVEST. Low buffeting, great looks and you can get one pretty cheap on the bay. I LOVE mine!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:50 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could be as cool as you.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:13 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Went on a trip with a guy with no windshield and we had to stop way to often said he was tired but he did look cool. He just rides from watering hole to watering hole no need for any wind protection have not been on a road trip with this guy since.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:45 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,929 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna-mite
Okay guys, help a lady out...new to riding, just bought a 2009 Dyna low rider. Looking for a windshield, but after reading these post having second thoughts. Can someone tell/explain to me what is a windvest. My new (to me) bike will be delivered the end of next week. It is completly stock with only 1559 miles on it. Since my eyes are sensitive to the cold wind, I wanted extra protection, now I'm wondering what to do. Appreciate any input. TIA....Annette
Windvest windshields, you might have to call to see if they have an application for your bike.

http://www.windvest.com/products/products.html

Old 03-14-2010, 09:30 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,333 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Yea, well...I went for a ride yesturday. The wind was blowin' about 20mph constant and after 30 miles I went back to the house to put on the shield. That headwind was startin' to kick my ***. I rode another 100+ miles with the shield and it was great...some buffetting, but not bad at all.

I'm glad I put the shield on...I must be gettin' old.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:35 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 367 Likes on 256 Posts

On my last 2 Sportsters I had HD Q-D windshields both of them had a lot of buffeting. Last year I got a 'National Cycle' Deflector Screen, [ small windshield ] Big improvement on the buffeting. not as much protection from the rain but still worked well. For my new FXDC I got 'The Shooter' by Memphis Shades, about the same size as the Deflector but just a little wider.
I,m not a big fan of the HD Q-D shields, but I did love how easy they go on and off the bike.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:10 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by creekhed1
anyone considering a windshield should look at WINDVEST. Low buffeting, great looks and you can get one pretty cheap on the bay. I LOVE mine!
I wish I could say the same, I got a 16" smoked one for my 02 wide glide and it came back off after about 20 miles. The buffeting was just as bad or worse than the regular shield. It is in perfect shape and is for a wide glide and I'll sell it for 125.00+ shipping, I ended up with a national cycle shield and wearing my Jack's flaps the buffeting problems is only a bad memory

Old 03-14-2010, 10:46 AM
fhansen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxdwg
I wish I could say the same, I got a 16" smoked one for my 02 wide glide and it came back off after about 20 miles. The buffeting was just as bad or worse than the regular shield. It is in perfect shape and is for a wide glide and I'll sell it for 125.00+ shipping, I ended up with a national cycle shield and wearing my Jack's flaps the buffeting problems is only a bad memory
What model windscreen did you get?

Quick Reply: Windshields make my eyes blur