Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010 | 05:59 PM
yso191
|
Club Member
Default D&D Fatcat Question

OK I finally decided and pulled the trigger a minute ago on the D&D Fatcat 2:1 exhaust. Honestly one of the main reasons was looks, and I figure mostly there are just academic differences in performance on most of these.

Anyway, talk to me about the quiet baffle. Do I want it? I currently have quiet baffles in my Vance & Hines Straightshot mufflers, and love them. But to my knowledge I have never heard a D&D Fatcat exhaust, so I have no way of knowing. What do you think?

Steve

Old 03-10-2010 | 06:04 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I went with the quiet baffle this tiem, had teh standard in My 07 RKC it was too loud and really felt it on the 500+ mile runs. The quiet baffel has better performance than than the performance baffel. I think you will be happy with your choice.

Old 03-10-2010 | 06:11 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

I have the quiet baffle as well and love it. It has a good deep tone and is pretty loud when you get on it but when you are just crusing it doesnt vibrate your head.

Old 03-10-2010 | 07:56 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

I have the standard baffles and like the sound. (Then again I was previously running V&H Straightshots without baffles). Most everyone who has the quiet baffles seems to love them and after reading your post sounds like they would be perfect for you.

BTW, they are a great performance pipe, and are top quality. Good luck.

Old 03-10-2010 | 08:50 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Go to YouTube to hear some bikes running that pipe. Personally I think the Fatcat sounds terrible but to each their own. While I don't doubt it's performance advantages I would never buy a pipe before listening to it.

Old 03-10-2010 | 10:46 PM
yso191
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by watchluvr4ever
Go to YouTube to hear some bikes running that pipe. Personally I think the Fatcat sounds terrible but to each their own. While I don't doubt it's performance advantages I would never buy a pipe before listening to it.
Maybe I'm tone deaf, but I didn't go there, cause I'd been there before and I really had a hard time distinguishing between them. Especially so for loudness.

To all the responders, thank you. I'm definitely going with the quiet baffle. And its good to know the performance is good too.

Steve

Old 03-11-2010 | 07:31 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior

Fat Cat sound (my tiny camera mic does not do justice to the DEEP rumble)
the Fat Cat has the '"quiet baffles" installed...
http://www.youtube.com/user/centerli.../1/JLOqh2GefyM

Old 03-11-2010 | 10:01 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

When evaluating the sound of any exhaust, keep in mind that it will vary depending on the size and build of the motor.

Originally Posted by watchluvr4ever

Old 03-12-2010 | 03:48 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
When evaluating the sound of any exhaust, keep in mind that it will vary depending on the size and build of the motor.
not to mention the way the bike is tuned, and I'll be damned if any exhaust coming through the speaker from a youtube video sound anything like hearing the pipes in person. Anyways I have regular baffles, not loud unless you get up on it hard.

Old 03-12-2010 | 11:35 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Default D&D Fat CAT Question?

QB is the way to go unless you are just riding around town and like the Rumble full time. If you do any long haul rides....as in my case I prefer the sweet rumble to mellow out when cruising instead of what shall I say....Rumbling your head all the miles.
As always each to their own, but I do like the performance of the D&D 2 into 1 and for rumble when you want it.....You've got a sweet rumble with D&D...top quality too.

Gary

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcat Question