Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DUMBASS of the day award

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 10:35 AM
bearman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the diesel truck and yes, I've left the block heater plugged in several times. I finally just fixed the extension cord for "Auto Quick Release" - or tied it up!
Kinda paranoid now, just thinking about possibly leaving the tender plugged up.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:54 AM
dustycanadian
Cruiser

If you're really paranoid, sears makes this power block thing that you plug something into and it "energizes" something else. I use it in my shop so the dust collector turns on when I turn on the table saw.

What you could do is put the battery tender on the control side, and a small red light on the other. So when the tender is plugged in, the red light is on. When you turn off the tender, the light goes out. That way you'll have a visual reminder to unplug it before taking off.

Here's the link:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00924031000P

Old 05-23-2010, 01:05 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cwl
Those battery tenders will get ya! I disconnected my (-) battery terminal while I had it on my GSX-R this winter, took it off and couldnt figure out why my bike wouldn't start. I thought my gas lines were froze for 2 days til I remembered I had disconnected that damn terminal. Glad it worked out and still all works for ya!
I don't get it. No battery connection, starter doesn't turn over. How could you confuse taht with a frozen gas line? Not criticizing, just sayin'.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:10 PM
dustycanadian
Cruiser

^^^^^ This IS the dumbass of the day thread after all lol......

Kind of like the time Bill Cosby went over to Ray Charles' house and went in the front door found all the lights out and said "hey Ray, where are you"?

I'm in the bathroom shaving...

Ray, what are you doing shaving with the lights out, you're going to cut yourself!!!

DOH