Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DUMBASS of the day award

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
r44s
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As others mentioned it will happen if you use your bike.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
SBJJC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dumbest thing I very did was to almost dump my EGUC in front of my Harley shop and had thirty five HOG members come outside to save me from dumping it. I pulled up and backed into a parking isle in front of the store. As I was backing up, my foot slipped out from under me. The bike and me slowly started going over. My foot was sliding out and I was screaming in my full-face helmet “NO NO NO!” Of course I had a death grip on my handlbars, which opened my throttle fully. So, I was going over with the bike and my motor was screaming at 300 million decibels. The Hog members, having a meeting inside, came out to see what he noise was all about and saw me in slow motion going over. Four HOG members helped me out and saved me from dumping my bike. The president of the chapter walked up asked, “You okay?” “Yap, thank you.” “You a HOG Member?” “I am now.”

Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
mikel61101
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yesterday putting my new grips on dropped the needle nose pliers and took a nik outta my paint job... I was pissed... Im glad it didnt wrap around your wheel that coulda been dangerous...

Old 03-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Livnoutdoorsxd9
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing wrong with a little slice of humble pie once and a while
Livn

Old 03-10-2010, 05:41 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for sharing. We all get that award at some point. Could have been worse...

Glad it all worked out OK. LOL. That's funny right there, I don't care who you are...

Old 03-10-2010, 05:46 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am certain the only reason I haven't done this yet is because I watched my roomate do the same thing last year. After watching him drag the extension cord and charger (the tender plug held and pulled the cord out of the wall socket) down the road I always double check before pulling out. Since I rotate the charger between the 3 bikes during the winter I can never remember which one it is hooked up to when I go to ride.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:46 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Better get a really long extension cord......

Old 03-10-2010, 05:50 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Better get a really long extension cord......
yeah you could run a really long extension cord and just let the starter motor run the bike . it would be the new electric powered harley . probably make the EPA guys happy

Old 03-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 466 Likes on 192 Posts

I've done it not once but twice.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another reason to TCLOCS your bike before every ride. Just jumping on the bike without checking the tire pressure, oil level and the tightness of nuts and bolts and the electrics before riding off is not smart. If you'd TCLOCS'd your bike, you would never have missed the fact that your battery tender was still hooked up. Hopefully this has taught you a lesson to check your bike out before every first ride of the day. And yes, I take 10 minutes and TCLOCS my bike everytime before riding it.

Quick Reply: DUMBASS of the day award