Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring the rear with no taillight.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:20 PM
justmejohn44
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's What I did may be you can try it... it's in the How to under $50 thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/6029170-post1389.html

Old 03-14-2010, 10:18 PM
chuckieb
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed my tail light and installed a Run/Turn/Brake harley module and also integrated a sidemount license plate into the mix.

The first module didn't last, it was the harley product. They did replace it though.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:40 PM
RicMF
Tourer

Alright, I'm working through this project a little bit at a time. Run/brake/turn module and new tails ordered, and rear fender is all smoothed out and primed (just came from the painter's).

I understand how it all fits back together, but I'm not sure about the best way to actually wire it up. What I was *hoping* I could do, was get the male side of the plugs that the turn signals plug into (which is currently a part of the tail light assembly) and connect those to the soon-to-be-butchered wire harness that runs to the plug under the seat. The guy at the parts counter said that'd be great if he could get those for me, but sorry.

I don't mind just cutting and splicing the rear turn signal wires, but if I ever take my rear fender off again, I'll be clipping and re-soldering again. Not to mention I want the wires up nice'n tight and out of the way of the rear tire. Anybody coming up with a slicker way of doing this?

Old 03-16-2010, 04:51 PM
panic_fan
Tourer

Originally Posted by RicMF
Alright, I'm working through this project a little bit at a time. Run/brake/turn module and new tails ordered, and rear fender is all smoothed out and primed (just came from the painter's).

I understand how it all fits back together, but I'm not sure about the best way to actually wire it up. What I was *hoping* I could do, was get the male side of the plugs that the turn signals plug into (which is currently a part of the tail light assembly) and connect those to the soon-to-be-butchered wire harness that runs to the plug under the seat. The guy at the parts counter said that'd be great if he could get those for me, but sorry.

I don't mind just cutting and splicing the rear turn signal wires, but if I ever take my rear fender off again, I'll be clipping and re-soldering again. Not to mention I want the wires up nice'n tight and out of the way of the rear tire. Anybody coming up with a slicker way of doing this?
My buddy and I both did exactly what you're trying to do. The parts guy was able to find the other half of the two-pole plug for us though. Wish I'd kept the part number. We also ordered the little wire crimpies and an extra male and female plug set for the license plate light. Took the large plug that connects to the R/T/B module (usually runs to the tail light assembly) and paired up the wires to the new plug bodies and snapped in the sigs and license plate.

I recall it was a challenge getting through to the parts guy that we needed the other side of the two-pole plug because the MoCo doesn't have anything on an 08 Dyna that needs it. So it's not in the parts manual for our machines. I had to really explain what we were doing and got lucky when someone knew where to look.