Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F@$%*ing Harley Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:45 PM
StreetGeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t37
We dont have emisions laws in Hawaii.
I'm in Hawaii too, Oahu. You on Oahu? Which dealer did you go to? I do all my own work and if I buy from the dealer I buy from South Seas in Waipahu.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Denver_Rick
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude your bike is runnin fat. take off the seat take the little cover off the cobra. write down the settings. Then back the right most pot (red led) off half a mark.(if it is on "5" move it to half way between 4 and 5, put it back together and see if it still pops. if it does back off another half.
Dealers recommend what makes them money.
The cobra controllers work fine had one on my 08 for a couple years. I like being able to manually change the settings...

Old 03-13-2010, 10:56 PM
t37
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I actually took it back to the dealer, he told me he tuned it, but it still pops after hard excelleration. These guys are full of sssssssssssssssssssssssssssh@t! Now they say I need a more soffisticated tuner, and as a bonus I can keep the other $270 tuner.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
So you decided to modify your bike and the manufacturer won't warranty items they have no idea what the quality or impact might be and they're the bad guys???

Would Honda, Yamaha, Ford, GM or anyone else?

Time for people to take responsibility and stop dissing the dealers and the MoCo. You chose to modify your bike - that's cool! More power to you. But if it violated the terms of the warranty YOU signed (check your paperwork from when you bought the bike) you have no room to complain.

A contract is a contract. Man up.
Tadd, you're 100 percent right, but there is a problem. The Dealers are not consistant, what good is the paper its printed on, if each and every dealer sings a different song. The MoCo and the Dealerships are on completely different wave lengths. They need to recognize the use of EFI tuners and make a policy on what's acceptable or not and make that across the board.

Dealerships aren't inclined to honor a warranty cause that's almost 100 plus dollars and hour lost to a warranty job. Where as Moco doesn't have that issue.
Till HD fixes that problem,they'll always be liable.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:55 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

first very nice bike second did u install just air filter or complete air cleaner kit sounds like its not getting enough air