Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dino tune ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:51 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Oooh, Dj will do the tune. That's a little different. You do have a good point.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:58 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 345 Posts

What are you "dino tuning"...your T-Rex??????

Old 03-04-2010, 02:37 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had a couple of dyno tunes and only one was done correctly, I would hang out and see how long they take to tune a customers bike. My current tune took two sessions and more hours than I care to remember.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Ring
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$200 is better than most charge but if you want to shop around and possibly travel alittle than you may find a better price. I found a Harley Dealer with a dynojet dyno who tuned my PCV for under $70.00 with print out and bike runs awesome.

No matter who you have do it I would get your bike dyno tuned. I wouldn't set the timing on my hot rod without a timing light so why would I set something as important as the air/fuel ratio on my bike with a guess?

Old 03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Bob'n'Stang
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I wouldn't...only because you're not from there, they are not from there. If something goes wrong, how do they make good on it?

I'd get it done locally in your area.

I am local(read my info) and they are Dynojet not just somebody with a trailer. Since my bike is still under warranty I can't take it to a dealership. Even if I could the ones around here are a rip off and would probably charge three times as much and realy screw it up.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
kstang71
Advanced

you can have cams done while under factory warranty....I did. As long as they are S.E. cams. I'm very pleased with my 211's even though I didn't bump the compression..

Old 03-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Ernie 06
Advanced

200 bills isnt bad i just payed 300 for mine

Old 03-05-2010, 08:01 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kstang71
you can have cams done while under factory warranty....I did. As long as they are S.E. cams. I'm very pleased with my 211's even though I didn't bump the compression..
Interesting because once I stopped at the dealer where I got my WG and inquired about cams the service manager (owner's son) told me that even if they did SE cams it would void my warranty. Didn't make sense to me since (if I allowed them) they would have been installing H-D parts in a H-D motorcycle.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:49 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Interesting because once I stopped at the dealer where I got my WG and inquired about cams the service manager (owner's son) told me that even if they did SE cams it would void my warranty. Didn't make sense to me since (if I allowed them) they would have been installing H-D parts in a H-D motorcycle.
I looked into this with the company which offers the extended warranty and with the MOCO direct and the engine will not be covered, if you install SE engine upgrades period. The local dealers will cover their work in some cases and do in most, but I was told point blank your engine will not be covered.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:42 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

For $200.00 it seems like a deal, I have had mine on the dyno 3 different time, with three different tuners to get a good set up, the first two times was after I had my pipes, breather, and fuel processor installed, thetorque numbers looded good but wasstill way short on where I though the horsepower should of been (each time at least $300.00) the last time was after I changed the cams, The guy made two pulls, changed a couple of settings on the fuel processor and made a change to the ECM, pulled one last time, charged me $75.00, but he also did the cam install.

Quick Reply: dino tune ??