Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Storage

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 05:51 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Windshield Storage

Now that I've taken the windshield off my bike, I think I might be leaving it off most of the time. It has the quick detachable hardware on it, and I was wondering if anyone had fabricated a wall mount to clamp the windshield on for storage?

I'm looking for ideas, without getting too carried away. Right now it's sitting on a cabinet, but seems like I should be able to come up with something to mount it on the wall to get it out of harms way.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

HD says that when storing you should avoid any pressure on the clamps. I've seen many posts from folks who had to replace a broken clamp.

Best idea I've seen (some thread here, I think - maybe in the Under $50 thread) was to hang a plastic garden hose rack on the wall and set the shield on it with the headlight cutout resting on top of the hose rack. All the pressure's on the lexan.

Think the guy cut a couple of slots for clearance in the hose rack. Overall very clever idea.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i store my roadking windsheild in a HD winshield bag hanging from a nail on the garage wall.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:49 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I bought one of the windshield hanging kits off of eBay. It is basically two pieces of angled aluminum that you bolt to your wall. Each piece has a couple of bolts with grommets. You "attach" your windshield to it just like you do your bike.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:53 PM
fxd650
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
I bought one of the windshield hanging kits off of eBay. It is basically two pieces of angled aluminum that you bolt to your wall. Each piece has a couple of bolts with grommets. You "attach" your windshield to it just like you do your bike.

this only works for the fairings and windshields on the 39mm front ends. i bought one off ebay too, and kicked myself in the a$$ when i got it, coulda made it myself for 2 bucks. so i made them for my friends...

Old 03-03-2010, 06:57 PM
dogcop727
Road Master

made a mount out of PVC pipe and mounted it to my wall. send me your e mail and i can send you some pics

Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 PM
rokrawlr
Cruiser

I made mine out of black PVC pipe and PVC elbows so that it stands off the wall enough so the shield doesn't contact the wall anywhere. I think I spent probably $10 at the most to make mounts for both me and the wife's windshields.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Slopneck
Road Master

I have actually been thinking about the same thing because I just recently picked up my first "decent" detachable windshield. If you're looking for a very cheap but effective solution....my neighbor put 2 hook screws in his garage wall and uses two bungie cords, wrapping them around the front of the windshield and hooking them to the sides, to store it. It probably sounds flimsy or messy but it really isn't either. I'll probably use that approach.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Those are some pretty creative ideas. I just put it in a flannel pillow case and lay it flat in a loft in my garage.

It's worked fine for the past few years, at least until my wife found the missing pillow case she'd been looking for!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:28 PM
dogcop727
Road Master

see if this pic works

Attached Thumbnails Windshield Storage-dscn4980.jpg  

Quick Reply: Windshield Storage