Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qst for those who ride 2 up ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:23 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
Get her out on some short rides first and make sure she is wanting to go on longer ones before you start shelling out a bunch of $$$$.
+1 Don't ask how I know this is true.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:39 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I reckon riding a Harley solo is an OK thing, but as soon as we put the love of our life on the back things change. She is sitting right on top of the rear wheel, so gets every bump and thump with interest. Up front the rider's sitting over the swingarm axle so doesn't get the same experience. So a good quality touring seat is easy, but also think of your shocks. If you like the look of short shocks be sure 2-up the ride may well be far from perfect. Get a buddy to take you round the block on the back of your own bike and see if it seems OK!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 AM
sergeantmajor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcwms
Ditch the sissy bar! For what the bike costs, you should get to enjoy the ***** pressed on your back!

Seriously though, I have to agree with the last post about taking lots of short rides first to see that she is/can be comfortable.
I love that feelling!! that's why i change front brake pads every month!!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:17 AM
masplumber
Cruiser

Bought a sundowner rear pad and its BIG & cusshy for the wife. Having mean city cycles redo my solo seat. Should make a good combo & allow me to run just a solo within a few minutes.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, you can't ride your girl on the back without a sissy bar. Maybe for short rides but if you want to be realistic, get one....and get a decently tall one for her comfort. Also, break down and get an incredibly ugly seat and by incredibly ugly I mean thick and wide....again for her comfort. After all, they all want thick and wide....we all know that

Old 03-01-2010, 09:23 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TO34
Well the wife is finally coming around to the idea of heading out on rides with me. (no she doenst want to get her own bike) So I have a HD 2 up seat & med back rest with foot pegs. Thinking of changing out to floorboards for her.

So those of you who ride 2 up what ideas & changes have you made to make a better ride ?

As always thanks
You can see what I did in my sig pic. Thought about floor boards for her, but she likes the pegs, which match mine. That's a Wide Glide seat on mine, and she has not have any complaints.

Be sure to check your shocks.

PS - Agree with others, makes sure she likes it BEFORE putting alot of $$ down. My wife rides with me about 99% of the time. We do long trips on vacation, and long day trips to just get out, so she loves it.

PPS - Rev the RPMs a little high and shift late. Then she'll REALLY love riding.

Last edited by DSnoopy; 03-01-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 AM
BLACK BAGGER
Road Captain

IF it's got anything to do with suction cups on the bottom of it for her azz she ain't gettin on it .Had to sell the solo seat & put the stock tour one back on P- pad for sale LOL .

Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I just turned over 95k on my 02 wide glide and when I first got it my wife said " Honey, I love ya, but if you don't get me a better seat, I aint going". So I got a mustang vintage wide with the 12" pillion and the larger back rest for the medium sissy bar and adjustable heal rests for her pegs and she's been with me for about 70k of the 95 k I've gone. I want my girl with me so it was a small price to pay for her to go with me--jack PS I forgot that I put 1/2" longer-than-stock Progressive shocks on the rear and it turned the ride into almost that of an ultra. Stock shocks for 2-up riding is just a joke

Last edited by jaxdwg; 03-01-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: left something out
Old 03-01-2010, 03:05 PM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Question for those who ride 2 up?

Its been said more than once already....but if your lady turns out to like riding with ya..... Then treat her right. My lady of 40 years loves being two up with me. Used to have her own ride but now prefers being with me. The Sundowner Seat or any number of aftermarket Touring seats is the best start. Then don't expect her to go much other than around town without a Medium Sissy Bar and a comfortable backrest. I added the full size rider Foot Boards last summer and she sez they made a huge difference on the long hauls.....300 mile days. Customize your Suspension determined by the weight of riders and gear......
Do hope you have a great time 2 up.....Just RIDE!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ohlins... best thing I have done for 2up.

Quick Reply: Qst for those who ride 2 up ?