Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall Z-Plus pads installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lyndall Z-Plus pads installed

Threw a set of Lydall Z-Plus pads on the rear today. (15,100 on the clock). Found them on ebay for $36 delivered. I had about 30% leftover on the stockers but they were feeling a little glazed over and the pedal lower than my liking. First imressions over 30 miles?.... Can't tell the difference between them and new stock pads. I'll let you know over time. I mean, they feel good because they are new... but nothing special over my stock brakes when they were new. JMHO.

Tony

Old 02-27-2010, 07:35 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

nope nothing special...the best part about them is the near lack of brake dust IMHO. Of course its hard to tell the true performance of a pad, cause you are not really working them to the max on the streets.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a good price for the Lyndalls. They are nothing special though, and they dust just as much as stock. It's a lighter color dust though, so you don't notice it as much. I think next time I'll try the Lyndall Gold+ pads, or go in an entirely different direction.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:13 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This is the first time I have heard anything less than " absoloutely amazing" or "Way better than stock " on these lyndall pads. Of course the guy I spoke to last time told me " It is recommended to change out your rotors too to feel the real difference." Horse pukky I say. My stock brakes lock up my wheel NP!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:28 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
This is the first time I have heard anything less than " absoloutely amazing" or "Way better than stock " on these lyndall pads. Of course the guy I spoke to last time told me " It is recommended to change out your rotors too to feel the real difference." Horse pukky I say. My stock brakes lock up my wheel NP!
um the idea behind behind brake improvements is to provide better stopping power without locking the wheel.... IE skid means no traction or control.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
That's a good price for the Lyndalls. They are nothing special though, and they dust just as much as stock. It's a lighter color dust though, so you don't notice it as much. I think next time I'll try the Lyndall Gold+ pads, or go in an entirely different direction.
I agree. They dust up just as much as my stock pads did. They don't stop any better or any worse.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
I agree. They don't stop any better or any worse.
Exactly!