Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looks like I have a little paint project!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:37 AM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by panic_fan
It's gonna look sweet...welcome to the "weathered" dark side.

+1 on the glossy dash. I like the wrinkle on mine but I think gloss would pop more.
+2 on the glossy dash. Especially with the gloss black flush mount fuel caps. I'm thinking about gloss black on the triple tree and front lowers, but that's next winter's project.

Attached Thumbnails looks like I have a little paint project!-2010-02-21-001.jpg   looks like I have a little paint project!-2010-02-21-003.jpg  
Old 02-27-2010, 04:17 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to have to disagree with everyone. I can't see me ever preferring flat black over gloss. I understand the reasoning, but as far as aesthetics, gloss trumps flat any day. What's the deal though, are you just really **** about detailing or what? I have no problem riding my bike dirty or parking it without washing it for that matter.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:53 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greenstreetbob
Oh wow, another denim black bike. Can't wait to see it.
lolz!

Love Chad's bike, perfect mix of gloss black and denim, that thing's the ****.

I would do the tins denim black and keep the console, risers/bars, lowers, fender struts, sigs etc. gloss black.

The bike looks great now, just get the denim tins on and see how she looks.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:34 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
lolz!

Love Chad's bike, perfect mix of gloss black and denim, that thing's the ****.

I would do the tins denim black and keep the console, risers/bars, lowers, fender struts, sigs etc. gloss black.

The bike looks great now, just get the denim tins on and see how she looks.
Yeah I'm just doing the tins...all the other gloss stays that way...I may decide to do the electrical and battery box flat though... Just gotta see how it all comes together...

Old 02-27-2010, 05:55 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

i have a wrinkle black console panel if your interested.....

Old 02-27-2010, 06:09 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by teqsand
i have a wrinkle black console panel if your interested.....
thanks for the offer....I don't want to do wrinkle though... I figured I'd match it to the tins, or leave it gloss.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:04 PM
chad peterson
Road Master

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
I'm going to have to disagree with everyone. I can't see me ever preferring flat black over gloss. I understand the reasoning, but as far as aesthetics, gloss trumps flat any day. What's the deal though, are you just really **** about detailing or what? I have no problem riding my bike dirty or parking it without washing it for that matter.
You know I don't really prefer one over the other, I dig the sh** out of flat & gloss! I got denim cause I immagined a pretty tuff finished product in my eyes! I love gloss equally, just went this route...It's all personal opinion which we all have. I understand getting bored with things though & a must to have change, LOL! So I hear where rounder is commin from & respect his oppinion as well as yours or anyone elses!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:14 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

to me a gloss black paint job is basically ruined with swirl marks. It is such a chore to keep them out of the paint. I'm a guy that absolutely loves flat black. I chose the gloss, cause at the time, my powdercoater had flat and satin powdercoat. One was too flat, and one too glossy. I figured the powdercoat would be much easier to maintain in the swirl mark dept. It isn't at all. So I am gonna go with what I originally wanted to do....hot rod black...I like the idea of having a bike that is badd azz dirty or clean...flat fits the bill to a tee.

my first 2 stages of repaint are done:
1. Remove the tank emblems
2. Have a smoke and some sam adams...
More to come...

Old 02-28-2010, 04:13 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

Well, I have no doubt it will look bad ***. I just dig your bike so much as it sits. Of course, I'm not the one who has to put the work in to Keep your bike looking as good as it does!

Old 02-28-2010, 09:37 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Well, I have no doubt it will look bad ***. I just dig your bike so much as it sits. Of course, I'm not the one who has to put the work in to Keep your bike looking as good as it does!
I hear ya... heck I could spend 30 minutes right now just getting the scratches out of the paint from removing the emblems. All I did was heat them up and peel them off. removed any residue with wd-40 and a microfiber towel. Yet the tank is all scratched up where they were?!

Quick Reply: looks like I have a little paint project!