Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new street bob bobber on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 PM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind of harsh toastman. The guy's building a bike to suit him, not win over the neighborhood.
--Then again, if you don't want people's opinion, don't ask.

I really like the fenders, really nice job. I think you could've chosen a seat that meshed a little better with the rest of the bike but to each his own. The engine guard is definately taking away from what you have going on, and the gators need moved down.
Also, I'd lose the belt guards and floorboards, internally wire those bars, and try to find some small bullet turn sigs and relocate them to the forks.
While you're at it, get some black risers and top clamp, upgrade the ac to an exposed filter...
...Maybe I don't like it either.

I appreciate the effort though.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:46 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeault
Kind of harsh toastman. The guy's building a bike to suit him, not win over the neighborhood.
--Then again, if you don't want people's opinion, don't ask.

I really like the fenders, really nice job. I think you could've chosen a seat that meshed a little better with the rest of the bike but to each his own. The engine guard is definately taking away from what you have going on, and the gators need moved down.
Also, I'd lose the belt guards and floorboards, internally wire those bars, and try to find some small bullet turn sigs and relocate them to the forks.
While you're at it, get some black risers and top clamp, upgrade the ac to an exposed filter...
...Maybe I don't like it either.

I appreciate the effort though.
+1 on all that . also something a bit smaller for the exhaust , those are kinda klunky on a chopped bike

it's a really good start but needs some work on the details .

Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd echo some of the comments ... when I saw the gaiters, I was like WTF ...?

They are accordian shaped because they're designed to collapse and expand with the forks ... mounted, as they are, between the upper and lower triple trees, they will never be compressed or expanded (not do what they're designed to do) ... so, that makes them seem unnecessary or poorly thought out ....

They are designed to go between the lower triple tree and the lower fork slider ....

If it's just to be different, or the OP likes the way they look, then, whatever ... just my $0.02 ....

Likewise, my comment on the engine guard is that the original idea behind 'bobbing' a bike was to get rid of stuff that wasn't needed to reduce weight ... the engine guard, while some might view it as an essential safety item ... well, if it is attempting to be 'old school' that wouldn't pass muster ....

Not trying to be mean spirited in my comment, but only to try to articulate what I and some of the others might have been thinking ....

Shows some good innovation and creativity ... captures a lot of the feel of what you're after ... keep a good thought ...!

R/
'Chop

Old 05-21-2010, 01:31 AM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
in all honesty, it looks like you tried to build a rocker...why not just buy one from the get go?
Man, that's just mean-spirited right there - his bike ain't as ugly as a rocker...

Bike looks european...

Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have to agree with some of the comments here (loose the crash bars and put the gaiters in correct location). but other than that, i really like the look you were going for. its impossibly hard to make a new bike oldskool... but what you have here is a nice custom harley.

but its your bike, you built it for yourself. so who cares what we say here... do what you damn well please, thats the way i look at it.

The following users liked this post:
ramdman (03-30-2016)
Old 05-21-2010, 07:13 AM
ramdman
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your comments, I am gonna consider all the suggestions.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:22 PM
mixtacy620
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the direction your going in..id just say it needs some tweakin.. i d move or remove the gators, powder the shocks black or even get lower ones like progressive 412s...that fender came out really good but that seat is just jacked up too high...it just doesnt flow with the bike..i like the oldschool spring seat look but ive yet to see one i like on a bob..maybe go with soethin else for it..look into the rocket bobs wheelie seat...its vintage looking and i think will go with the lines of the bike..theres other stuff like getting smaller signals but i think takes away form the flow of what youve done..but like every other critic has said .. i see and can appreciate the effort..but its ur bike if u wanna paint pink daisys on it n u like it screw everyone else n do it